Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
naturallyjess

Jess's Days with Accutane!

FRIDAY MARCH 2ND, 2007

My Back Story:

ok so I'm 17 and my good old derm thought my skin was bad enough for me to go on accutane(which it is)... i was prescribed it about 2 months ago(can't remember the exact date. who cares.) and i had a ruff time. couldnt get blood tests in the morning had to go all day without eating. got a newbie to take my blood( i was her first patient) and i passed out. then my damn pharmacy didnt even have tane and they wernt getting it in until 2 days after i needed it so i had to wait another month...enough chat...let's get down to business

i decided to edit this and put up more of a back story:

ive had acne for about 4 years(since i was 13) and it was mild/moderate but persistant and always there and nearly everyone left a nice ugly scar. oh btw i mostly have acne on my cheeks and chin. one here and there on the forehead temple area ...ive been to 5 derms and they've all given me different pills/ topicals. none worked. so then i came across this awesome derm and he gave me accutane right away. i guess he writes books and stuff about skin problems. he's really awesome...

Dose:

40mg gotta take 2 in the morn(sucks now i gotta eat breakfast)

and 1 at night

Day 1:

I took all my pills. didn't really do much. but its got 5 months to work...face was oily as hell. new thing for me. and tonight i noticed my nose was a bit sensitive. and feels dry. side effect? idk. paraniod? maybe.

Cool :) I'm not on accutane yet but I'm about to go see a dermatologist and ask him again because I'm tired of this !!

Anyways, good luck :D

SAT MARCH 3rd 2007

Day 2:

skin still is really oily...hoping it will dry out soon. i have two new zits ones a white head on my chin and the other is just a lil red bump on my cheek. so thats kinda depressing but im told its going to happen for a few months? dang. i've also noticed that my old scars are getting more noticeable(motherf-ers i hate those things. and i never picked a single pimple...just have sensitive skin) i read somewhere that was going to happen to but i didnt hear it from my derm...? i'll have to look into this one. not much else happining in my face area today.

i hope this works. and soon. prom is 2 months away.

As I heard, when you take accutane, it gets worse before it gets better so it sounds normal to me. Be patient and try to not think about it :D even though it's really hard..

SUNDAY MARCH 4th 2007

DAY 3

Nothing new on my face. That one whitehead on my chin isnt a white head any more. just really noticable and it bothers me! but so does acne so i'll get over it. nothing new really. feels like my face is going to break out soon. not looking forward to THAT. this freaking sucks.

but that's ok. i want Clear skin soo bad! so i'll just suck it up

monday march 5, 2007

DAY 4

face wasn't as oily today thank god and i noticed when i was running today my knee hurt really bad which never happened before. possible side effect? no new zits, old ones are near gone. excited about that one.

i was reading around on other people's tane logs and i noticed that they have lower doses/don't have to take as many pills as me. am i taking a high dosage or am i normal? 40 mgs 3x a day? so that equals 120 mgs total for the whole day. does anyone else have a high dosage? idk maybe i just screwed up somewhere...

Heya Jess...

The dosage taken is according to how much you weight so i say 1mg per kg? umm not 100% sure but if someone do know please share with us... anyways hope you clear up soon... not that long to go... time flys right, its like nearly easter now!! whoa by you know it its christmas again thats when your clear as plain paper heheh...

cheers!!

Wed March 7, 2oo7

DAY 6

i can feel a few pimples under my skin but nothing major. Skin is getting a bit drier, i noticed it wasn't really oily anymore. lips are starting to get really dry, not chapped yet just uncomfortably dry. any suggestions on a lip balm or something to help with the dryness?

March 11, 2007

Day 10

i've been getting little bumps on my cheecks but they arnt that noticable unless im in natural light. theres a few little bumps on my chin but they dont hurt and they arnt big, but there is this one pimple on the apple of my check, close to my eye that hurts like hell! its been there for about 2 days and thank god its not getting bigger, but it's not getting smaller either. i hope this badboy will be leaving my face soon.

also my face isn't getting too dry yet but my lips are chapped. feels like im back in winter again, but this time i can't find relief in anything. i was constrantly putting on carmex and so far its been ok, not great, ok. i'll have to look around on these boards for a lip saver.

March 12, 2007

Day 11

Skin is still oily in t-zone minus this dry patch on my chin. so my first dry patch...sweet. put on some moisturizer and i was fine. while i was running i noticed i had pain in my lower back and my knee, which i think is yet another side effect.

my lips still kill me. kids ask me why i put on soo much carmex lol....

i've heard about aquaphor for your lips but ive never seen it in the store. what section do u find it in and is it in a certain store or somewhere? i heard it comes in a tub or something?

March 15th 2oo7

Day 14

No new break outs. awesome. my skin still isnt dry but my lips were horrible today, but i think it was also in part of the ohio weather...68 yesterday snow today...lovely. but other then that my scalp and various places on my bod are soooo flippin itchy! im living on my anti itch lotion and i guess ill have to switch over to head n shoulders. fun stuff this accutane. and i haven't even gotten to the good stuff yet.

March 15th 2oo7

same day:

oh yeah that dry patch on my chin is gone so now my face isn't dry at all. yet. and all those little bumps are near gone! but i still have this ache in my body whe ni run 4+ miles or so.

Monday March 19th 2007

Day 18

Skin still isn't dry maybe thanks to the cetaphil i basically smother myself in everyday? i really hope my skin doesn't get extremely dry....my lips are horrible still i don't think i could survive without lip balm on my lips at all times. i've also started drinking about 2 more water bottles in addition to the 4 i drink already during the day. seems to be helping my lips out a bit. haven't had to pull out the big guns on my lips yet. let's hope it stays that way.

any new breakouts? hell yes....i have a white head on my forehead. just pushed my bangs over it, called it a day. and there's another whitehead on my chin which was discovered during detention at school so i couldn't do too much about it. acne's such a bitch left the house this morning and that monster on my chin deff wasn't there...

Sunday March 25, 2007

Day 24

So it's been almost a month and my skin basically looks the same as before i started, but i know it prob won't change until the 3rd-5th month, so i'll be waiting for that. for some reason i've noticed over the past 5 days that my skin and lips arn't as dry anymore(not that my skin was dry to begin with) but now im concerned it's not working as well. maybe im just paranoid.

the whitehead on my forehead is long gone, but it left a friend next to where it used to be and it's just as freaking big and waaay noticable...lol the t-zone is deff a bad place to get HUGE monster whiteheads, good thing it's a weekend so it can heal a bit...friday it was horrible though i went on a date and i was sooo conscious of it. ughhh.

good thing that thing on my chin is gone or i'd really be upset.

Monday March 26, 2007

Day 25

Last night while i was washing my face i noticed two small bumps(one on my cheek and one on the side of my chin) and now they turned into whiteheads...gaww but that one on my forehead is just a small bump, soon-to-be memory.

i woke up in the middle of the night with a pounding headache. i believe it's yet another side effect of tane. i've only had a handful of headaches in my life, and not near to the extent of this one.

lastly i noticed that my hair isn't oily at all. i did an experament on how long i could go without washing my hair(i still took showers though). i started thursday, but i had to wash my hair today because i got my hair dyed...but ha it wasn't even greasy and the woman couldn't even tell she said it only looked like i didn't wash it for a day...ok i'm done grossing everyone out...

Thursaday March 29, 2007

Day 28

had my derm appointment today, said i was lookin better. he pricked my finger to get some blood and blah bah everything is normal. im pretty excited to be starting on month 2, glad im done with one month only 4 to go!! 4 long months....well they should go quick, just have to avoid the sun all summer lol!

i don't have any whiteheads anymore thank you tane but i still have small bumps from them (4 to be exact) but no biggie!

im waaay happier now that im on tane my face is getting way better now. hopefully it will stay clear after im done with this journey.

Sat March 31, 2007

Day 30

Nothing too new to report. friday i had 2 really dry patches of skin on my chin and cheek but today their gone, no new pimples to report no muscle weakness, my lips wernt that bad today. i'd call this a good day. :D

April 3, 2007

Day 33 (1 month 2 days)

2 new bumps on face, I'm expecting them to turn into whiteheads...blah.... one is in the middle of my cheek and the other on my jawline. my skin isn't dry. i don't know if this goes for everyone but i've noticed that i only get dry patches where there was a whitehead that's on it's way out. so if that's true then i am going to have 2 dry spots in a few days where these two bumps currently are. we'll have to see. been using aquaphor at night and some neosporin(sp?) during the day and at school and they have been working pretty well, no bloody lips, no bloody noses either. also i've noticed that scrapes and such take longer to heal. i have a few on both of my hands and two on my arms(from a thornbush) looks like i've been playing with wolves.

April 10, 2007

Day 40

i think my ib is almost over-hopefully! i'll keep my fingers crossed that i don't get a huge zit on my face tommorow!! my skin still isn't dry, like other people on this drug. i mean i could skip moisturizer(which i WON'T) my main concern is the redness. i look like i spent a week in the sun, which i avoid at all costs...but i switched over to sensitive skin face wash i can't remember the exact name, it's by aveeno. i'm so done with using neutrogena those products are waay overrated and not what they're cracked up to be. amen. :D

April 13, 2007

Day 33

Had a new <small> bump yesterday but it's gone now and !surprise surprise! there's a dry patch there now...wow that's it. its preety great to not have nothing new to report about on your face.

but...

my hands are sooooo dry! there's dry patches and they look like sores. i don't know what to use though. i've tried my lotions and my mom's and nothing seems to help. people say to use vasaline but it won't make them moiturized, it just locks moisture in, which i have none so that's really useless.

April 18, 2007

Day 38

got a small whitehead under my nose, but if history repeats itself it will be gone by tommorow replaced with a dry spot. mm i hope so. i have a date tommorow :D