Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ladymacbeth89

Good exfoliaters for Retinoid users??

I am currently using Tretinex, which is very similar to RetinA. I have been using this for about four months now, and now that the weather is severely cold, my skin dries out. The dryness just makes every red mark and scar more visitble, and I hate it. I have alternated between the highest, and second highest dose, and I only use the Tretinex five days a week.

Is there a good scrub that would help with the dryness? I hear that Dove gentle exfoliating scrub works well b/c it's very gentle. I don't see my derm for two weeks, so I can't ask her just yet. Thanks!

A retinoid IS exfoliating you.Using another on top of it will only make the dryness worse. You may need to decrease usage to every other night. Be sure to wait at least 30 min after washing before applying...otherwise your skin sucks it up too quickly...not a good thing. You may want to apply a moisturizer over top of it once it is dry to the touch. When dry, use a moisturizer.