Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

i take 2 x 20mgs roaccutane a day, if i forgot to take one in the morn but take one at night, can i take 2 x 20mgs at once in the morn the next day and then 1 more at night? meaning can i just double my dosage the next time i take it since i missed out once?

Think about your liver, though. I'd only want it processing so much of that stuff at a time. Cummulative = patiently taking the medicine dose by dose, and awaiting final results. You shouldn't rush the process.

I'd think it depends on the dose already. If you weigh 80 kgs. and you're taking a relatively high dosage of let's say 70 mg. don't double dose it. But if you're taking a small amount like 20 mg. I wouldn't think doubling the dose once or twice will hurt you.

Reminds me of the time when I took 3x the amount of Minocycline I was supposed to take :D

Well, the thing is, normal doses of Accutane run up to 120 mgs a day (that is extremely high though). Anywhere from 40-80 seems to be the norm. I would not stress at all about taking double doses of 20mgs occasionally (just don't do it too often). Your body does best when you take it at regular intervals, 2x a day. But I was on 40 mgs 1x a day and occasionally I'd forget and double the next day. Just try not to do it regularly.

You can stop and restart your course of accutane any time you please it would seem. It's the total dose that counts. My derm told me she wouldn't give me accutane in the summer if the sun shines too bright. She would just put my accutane course on a pause for two months, and resume in the autumn.

I've also heard of people not taking accutane for a day or two so they can go out drinking.

My nurse told me it was okay to miss even a few days because it stays in your system. She told me in lots of places outside of the US, the course is spread out over a year or a year and half, and she implied that it was still the same cummulative dose.

I then read somewhere else that keeping the course short in the US is politically motivated. Because the solution to any pregnancy while on 'tane is immediate termination, no one wants to be seen as encouraging abortions, so they keep the course short to keep the pregnancies to a minimum.