Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Christina

Extreme Makeover Tackles Acne Scarring

This Thursday (8:00pm on ABC), Extreme Makeover is helping a girl who has acne scarring. It'll be interesting to see what they do and the results she gets! Maybe it's something that will be able to help us all.

Guest Cubsfan

I bet they'll just inject a substance like botox or fat injections and then say wuhllaa!!!! once the show is over audiences will think wow thats so nice of extreme make-over but 6 months later the acne scars will reappear.

I bet they'll just inject a substance like botox or fat injections and then say wuhllaa!!!! once the show is over audiences will think wow thats so nice of extreme make-over but 6 months later the acne scars will reappear.

Guest Cubsfan

haha or they'll use photoshop to erase the scars and change the angle and lighting...then they'll work with the production team of Smallville and give her special powers

haha or they'll use photoshop to erase the scars and change the angle and lighting...then they'll work with the production team of Smallville and give her special powers

Guest Cubsfan

i know photoshop can edit photos but dunno about film i'm sure there's a sophisticated software for it...anyway don't trust everything you see

Actually for shows, most people use Flame or Inferno software to rework the images, frame by painstaking frame.

I used to work in a post-production facility and I know that nothing you see on the informercials on television is for real. I don't think they could actually get away with doing this on reality tv because people are going to see this person after the show is over. I'm thinking they will rely heavily on makeup if the scar revision doesn't go as well as they hope.

But, I'm tending to agree that they will use a collagen scar filler to plump the scars up and nothing more radical because they don't really have the time for it. 6 weeks is really no time at all when dealing with scars...

Her face had a considerable amount of approvement in regards to acne, and redmarks, but I only noticed one or two indents. In the end she reminded me of Britney Spears. She did look awesome. I wish the program had more to do with acne scarring (ice picks, rolling etc). I noticed they use Candela laser. smile.gif

Her face had a considerable amount of approvement in regards to acne, and redmarks, but I only noticed one or two indents. In the end she reminded me of Britney Spears. She did look awesome. I wish the program had more to do with acne scarring (ice picks, rolling etc). I noticed they use Candela laser.

I'd do that show in a heartbeat! Actually downloaded the application a while back to see if they would do me and then realised I couldn't apply because my hubby worked for ABC..... #-o

But now, he's got a new job....but they've done the acne scarring episode. Story of my life.....timing is all wrong.......

It definitely saw that it was a Candela brand machine, but I don't think it was Smoothbeam. I think it might have been V-beam, which would help her hyperpigmentation more than Smoothbeam. They didn't actually identify the laser by name, I don't think, but I recall getting a quick look of a label that started with a V on a machine, but it might have been one in the background and not necessary the one being used on her.

I didn't notice how many treatments she had and what the period of time was total, but it seemed like it wasn't a very long period of time for such a big improvement.

It was kind of weird to see it discussed on TV, like at first when her parents were saying that she always looked downward, and would seldom make eye contact. I used to be like that a lot. I agree I'd like to see more of this kind of makeover.

I've seen bits of the first two episodes here. In the first episode the blonde women got treated for acne scars with some sort of laser. I saw no real improvement.

I think that was the one they used last night......they also said that in the first week b4 the facial operations, they did 2 sessions. Then I think they did quite a few more after that. I didn't realise they could do those so closely together, but I think it did a remarkable job with clearing her skin up. That and the fact that she couldn't pick for 8 weeks! Not a major miracle, but if I were her, I'd still be super happy.

http://abc.go.com/primetime/extrememakeove...bios/tammy.html

Tammy, a 29-year-old sales support representative from Omaha, Nebraska, feels as if she's been living in perpetual adolescence. Her self-esteem, personal relationships and love life have been scarred by the severe acne she's suffered from all her life. As the oldest dancer in her dance school, her dream is to perform in front of the chorus line  if only she were confident enough to be in the spotlight. With the help of renowned dermatologist Ava T. Shamban, Tammy's skin goes from ravaged to radiant. Tammy had lipo of the abdomen, medial thighs (inner thighs) and arms, breast augmentation, brow lift, rhinoplasty, upper eyelid lift, smooth beam laser for acne, fotofacials for hyperpigmentation, chemical peels, diamond peel, at home program for acne and hyperpigmentation, Phillip B. hair/scalp treatment, 6 upper porcelain veneers, 6 lower porcelain veneers, Invisalign on lower teeth and Zoom whitening.

Tammy, a 29-year-old sales support representative from Omaha, Nebraska, feels as if she's been living in perpetual adolescence. Her self-esteem, personal relationships and love life have been scarred by the severe acne she's suffered from all her life. As the oldest dancer in her dance school, her dream is to perform in front of the chorus line  if only she were confident enough to be in the spotlight. With the help of renowned dermatologist Ava T. Shamban, Tammy's skin goes from ravaged to radiant. Tammy had lipo of the abdomen, medial thighs (inner thighs) and arms, breast augmentation, brow lift, rhinoplasty, upper eyelid lift, smooth beam laser for acne, fotofacials for hyperpigmentation, chemical peels, diamond peel, at home program for acne and hyperpigmentation, Phillip B. hair/scalp treatment, 6 upper porcelain veneers, 6 lower porcelain veneers, Invisalign on lower teeth and Zoom whitening.

I wonder where she finds the time for dance school he he...

I was dissappointed in the show. The treatment she had was to control her acne, not to improve or correct any scars.

Oh well, the search continues........