Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

hey im about to get on accutane (Sotret) and have been hearing about joint pain.

Im pretty big into fitness, and LOVE lifting, especially for football. i like running and swimming some, but mostly lifting.

so my question is will i still be able to lift?

you should probably be fine, if you start hurting ease up a little. but it is still ok to workout on accutane, it shouldn't be a problem.

I am on accutane myself, 80mg a day, i also work out bout 2 hours a day/6 days a week...but thats me, try it out, if u dont feel good, u shud stop.

I work out...out of a 7 day week...

Day1/5 - legs - Calves - Biceps

Day2/6 - Chest - Forearms - Traps

Day3/7 - Back - Triceps - Shoulders

Day4 - Break

Every1 is suppose 2 give each muscle group 48 hours between workouts (depending on ur goal etc), i am well over 48 hrs break between each muscle workout on my current plan, so its good n works very well, its jus hard 2 find the time.

my doctor told me to refrain from performing any hard physical activity where i run the risk of injury. accutane weakens the bones and reduces muscle mass. at least thats what my dermatologist told me. i am an avid lifter and was upset when my doctor told me this. my muscle mass has in fact reduced but this could be because i havent lifted in months

I work out 4 times a week for 2-3 hours, and have actually got stronger

i doubt it reduces mass of anything to be honest, it is only like vit A at a high doesage. People love to play

the accutane blame game as much as possbile

Been on accutane for nearly 2 monthes

x

oh yer and run nearly everyday and cycle loads ect

I work out monday through friday, alternating arms, legs and chest/back. I'm also playing hockey, Field lacrosse (3 different teams, club, school and provincial), and box lacrosse. I notice after doing anything, my body aches. Rest when you can, drink lots of water. Sometimes you're going to feel like you just ran an ironman competition.

I know this has nothing to do with this post I didnt want start another thread. Does Whey Protein cause acne? Im on Accutane and Ive taken protein shake but Im not sure if it was the initial breakout or the shake that caused my acne.

I know this has nothing to do with this post I didnt want start another thread. Does Whey Protein cause acne? Im on Accutane and Ive taken protein shake but Im not sure if it was the initial breakout or the shake that caused my acne.

I work out...out of a 7 day week...

Day1/5 - legs - Calves - Biceps

Day2/6 - Chest - Forearms - Traps

Day3/7 - Back - Triceps - Shoulders

Day4 - Break

Every1 is suppose 2 give each muscle group 48 hours between workouts (depending on ur goal etc), i am well over 48 hrs break between each muscle workout on my current plan, so its good n works very well, its jus hard 2 find the time.