Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
spottiedottie

I get hit on MORE when I'm not wearing makeup

OK, so I don't have severe acne. I have mild/moderate acne. But in a way, I feel like that's almost as bad - my pale, smooth skin is punctuated by three or four big, red honkers at all times, and my forehead's gotten quite scabby and scarred over the past few months.

But I've noticed that the nicer I think I look (which definitely corresponds to my skin being more clear), the less I'm likely to be hit on by either sex. It seems that men especially like my acnefied face, because I swear that in the month I've stopped wearing makeup, I've gotten more catcalls on the street, more men hitting on me at work...

My self-confidence in my looks is pretty low right now (at least as far as my sex appeal, if not my other virtues) so I don't think I'm exuding a "sexy" aura. I don't feel good about how I look. I just felt like the makeup was making me break out even worse, so I stopped wearing it, and consequently I feel like I'm always avoiding eye contact or hiding my face when I go out. Is it possible that I'm just attracting a lot of "jerks" who go for women with visibly low self esteem? Or maybe, since I do think I look younger without makeup (and acne is certainly adding to the adolescent effect) I am attracting the "barely legal" lovers even though I'm 25.

I've been wearing cute little hats to cover up my pimply forehead so no one is seeing the worst of it. But even if I didn't have acne, my dark undereye circles and colorless cheeks look pretty unhealthy without makeup.

WTF is up with this? I realize this could sound a bit like bragging, but I'm really more confused. Is my acne really just not as bad as I think it is? Do people LIKE the acne? I think I look gross but I seem to be popular with the opposite sex lately. Which is useless to me, because I don't date them. :boohoo:

Well, I just noticed this inexplicable phenomenon so decided to post about it. :wacko:

OK, so I don't have severe acne. I have mild/moderate acne. But in a way, I feel like that's almost as bad - my pale, smooth skin is punctuated by three or four big, red honkers at all times, and my forehead's gotten quite scabby and scarred over the past few months.

But I've noticed that the nicer I think I look (which definitely corresponds to my skin being more clear), the less I'm likely to be hit on by either sex. It seems that men especially like my acnefied face, because I swear that in the month I've stopped wearing makeup, I've gotten more catcalls on the street, more men hitting on me at work...

My self-confidence in my looks is pretty low right now (at least as far as my sex appeal, if not my other virtues) so I don't think I'm exuding a "sexy" aura. I don't feel good about how I look. I just felt like the makeup was making me break out even worse, so I stopped wearing it, and consequently I feel like I'm always avoiding eye contact or hiding my face when I go out. Is it possible that I'm just attracting a lot of "jerks" who go for women with visibly low self esteem? Or maybe, since I do think I look younger without makeup (and acne is certainly adding to the adolescent effect) I am attracting the "barely legal" lovers even though I'm 25.

I've been wearing cute little hats to cover up my pimply forehead so no one is seeing the worst of it. But even if I didn't have acne, my dark undereye circles and colorless cheeks look pretty unhealthy without makeup.

WTF is up with this? I realize this could sound a bit like bragging, but I'm really more confused. Is my acne really just not as bad as I think it is? Do people LIKE the acne? I think I look gross but I seem to be popular with the opposite sex lately. Which is useless to me, because I don't date them. :boohoo:

Well, I just noticed this inexplicable phenomenon so decided to post about it. :wacko:

OMG me and my roomie were just talking about this...I get far more attention when I am all scrub-life and not trying, than I do when I actually make an effort. Basically my take on it is: men are so freaking scared of rejection that they prefer to try their luck on a semi-hot girl than to get shot down by a hottie. LAAAAAAAAME

It's like my husband says, "I can't stand make-up; it tastes bad." Cause, you know, when he tries to kiss me, he gets a mouthful of makeup. xD

I get hit on more when I have makeup on, but I think it's because I exude more confidence, and guys are attracted to that...? I'm not sure. Let me go a day without cosmetic and see what the menfolk do. xP

I like girls without makeup because I'm more into the natural look. Some girl who isn't that overly concerned with how she looks makes me think that she would be cooler to hang out with.

Plus I've seen those pictures of celebrities with and without makeup and now I'm all confused.

Plus I'm a little miffed that its ok for girls to wear makeup but not guys considering I got a lot of blemishes on my face.

i hate makeup on girls. i always assume they're stuck up and fake, and im usually right.

It's like my husband says, "I can't stand make-up; it tastes bad." Cause, you know, when he tries to kiss me, he gets a mouthful of makeup. xD

I get hit on more when I have makeup on, but I think it's because I exude more confidence, and guys are attracted to that...? I'm not sure. Let me go a day without cosmetic and see what the menfolk do. xP

Heyy hun I know exactly watt ur gOiiin thruu and still dOo.. fuk all tha haterZ out there that say U were fake and crap when u wore Make-up !! Make-up is wat started my problem ! Arghh but I mean I wouldnt bee me with out the make-up (before) and I wouldn't have made all the friendz I have without it including boiiZ.. well I guess all teenagers my age, where ii livve wear make-up .. but Good for you youu can atleast show ur face iin public (without makeup) I cant even doo that !!

anywaiiZ I just had to reply to wat u posted because I know watt ur gooiin thru..

Muchh LoOve amyy xx

Makeup sucks.

Except eyeliner, eyeliner is forever.

Beejay reserves a degree of lenience for his judgement of other varieties of eye makeup.

Everything else is gay.

i feel much more confident, when im wearing make-up. i actually am pretty happy with how i look when i wear makeup and do my hair nicely.

however, i think make-up makes me break out A LOT more, so i never wear it. i dont wear make-up for work ever. and i do feel much less confident, without a doubt, but i also feel less on edge because what you see, is what you get. im always scared that my make-up wil smudge or rub off, when i come into contact with someone, or if its too hot, or if it rains or whatever...but saying that, when im actually going out on a night out or even just to the pub for a drink, i wont go without make-up on, but thats not a frequent thing at all. it just makes me feel better, and if i feel better about myself then im going to have a better time. i dont think all girls wear make-up though to hide insecurity and because they are fake or whatever, some just like wearing it and it enhances their beauty, sometimes its nice to make an effort and feel good about yourself. i think it may be that your been hit on because the guys are finding you more approachable and less intimidating, but im not sure, a guys opinion would be better i suppose.

You boys would change your mind about make-up if you saw me without any. SCARY.

I love love love wearing make up because it makes me feel more confident and really girly. :angel:

I do try to go for a natural look though........other than my red lipstick that is. :lol:

at least you get hit on.

like jordy said maybe you don't apply it correctly or maybe they are just less intimidated to see your beautiful bare face.

i'm sure it helps your confidence though.

The same guys that say they like the "natural look" are the ones that drool over girls in 2 pounds of make-up.

Oh, the irony.

Heyy hun I know exactly watt ur gOiiin thruu and still dOo.. fuk all tha haterZ out there that say U were fake and crap when u wore Make-up !! Make-up is wat started my problem ! Arghh but I mean I wouldnt bee me with out the make-up (before) and I wouldn't have made all the friendz I have without it including boiiZ.. well I guess all teenagers my age, where ii livve wear make-up .. but Good for you youu can atleast show ur face iin public (without makeup) I cant even doo that !!

anywaiiZ I just had to reply to wat u posted because I know watt ur gooiin thru..

Muchh LoOve amyy xx

I think especially in the case of mild/moderate acne it doesn't make that much of a difference. I know a stripper and she'll actually make more money when she's a bit broken out. She's really pretty so it makes her more approachable.

Plus I think it's because when we're not dressed up, we're not trying too hard. Or even being standoffish/shy because we don't feel as confident. And people can be drawn to the mystery of that. It's the thrill of the chase!

And yeah okay, make up is not natural. But neither is deoderant or cologne or hair cuts or using topicals or shaving. Or even, you could argue, wearing clothes because they change the way you'd naturally look. So I don't think wearing makeup is cheating or lying...the girl is just saying...hey, this is me...in makeup. Plus, makeup can only do so much so you still can see what she looks like.