Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
keelers

Accutane...a permanent cure?

OK so i know its not a permanent cure for most but i was trying to get some idea as to how long it "cured" people on average. Are the cases where acne never comes back simply due to the fact the person outgrew their acne? Or can it really make your skin drier for good? Ive just started accutaane and was wondering how much heavenly clear skin time it might buy me.

OK so i know its not a permanent cure for most but i was trying to get some idea as to how long it "cured" people on average. Are the cases where acne never comes back simply due to the fact the person outgrew their acne? Or can it really make your skin drier for good? Ive just started accutaane and was wondering how much heavenly clear skin time it might buy me.

I came off accutane last year and I was pretty much clear but the past few weeks my skin has been getting worse so now I'm going back on accutane again.

i am about to come off accutane and my derm just told me i have about a 50% chance of being cured for life. she told me otherwise it could come back any time, 6 months, 6 years. there's really no way of knowing. she also said the oil will come back, but not as much as before accutane.