Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sverd

So excited to start accutane

I just went to a derm today and I was prescribed 40mg dosage of accutane. I was looking through the pic gallery and the difference it made to ppl is really obvious. I was just wondering, how long does it take for the accutane to start working?

I just went to a derm today and I was prescribed 40mg dosage of accutane. I was looking through the pic gallery and the difference it made to ppl is really obvious. I was just wondering, how long does it take for the accutane to start working?

Yah it'll be fun to feel comfortable in those bright fluorescent lights in my school. btw is it hard for others to get a prescription for accutane? because my acne isn't terrible but this is the first time that I saw this derm and right away he offered to put me on accutane.

yea i start tuesday. im sad bought that, but its worth it for the Tane. So you can't really have alc on it, but how weed?

I start today. Got a bit wrecked last night so I hope I don't feel sick or anything..

Even though I know the results won't be instant, I can't wait to pop that first pill in my mouth because at that moment I know that I've already started the journey towards clear skin..

I have moderate acne (dips to mild ocassionally), but it's been hugely persistent through topicals, antibiotics, retinoids and red/blue light treatment.

Worth an ask if you've tried lots of other stuff

gahhh yesterday was the second day of accutane and my skin was looking clearer, but then I had to screw it up and drink 3 cans of diet coke.. I think it was the caffeine that made my skin look like crap. This is the final straw, screw sugar, screw caffeine, and screw greasy foods, I'm done with them.

gahhh yesterday was the second day of accutane and my skin was looking clearer, but then I had to screw it up and drink 3 cans of diet coke.. I think it was the caffeine that made my skin look like crap. This is the final straw, screw sugar, screw caffeine, and screw greasy foods, I'm done with them.

you should take your accutane with fat... greasy foods actually hgher absorption of accutane...

Milk is fantastic for absorption actually. It's what i took it with every day. I doubt the caffeine changed your skin tone, I drink Dr Pepper constantly and always have. It's probably just that your skin is starting to purge everything. The second week I was on tane my whole face was DRIPPING (it was gross) and the blackheads started to push out.. it's probably nothing you did or didn't do, it's just the medicine working. I'd say it was day 3 when I really felt the meds working and I knew it wasn't just my hypochondriac nature.

As far as getting accutane for mild/moderate acne, it is normally a last-ditch effort. Most derms are hesitant to put people on it if they haven't tried anything else for it. You also have those who push tane like it's nobody's business, and you have the odd one who will never give it out. If you are hell-bent on getting it, you've tried everything within reason, and your derm wont' give it to you, (this is not a nice thing to say but I'll say it anyway) there is likely a derm in town who will. You just have to decide if the end is worth the means.

And it really was about a month before I saw improvement, and about 3 before I was getting happy with my face. It's an emotional roller-coaster, to be sure.

Hope that helps!

Milk is fantastic for absorption actually. It's what i took it with every day. I doubt the caffeine changed your skin tone, I drink Dr Pepper constantly and always have. It's probably just that your skin is starting to purge everything. The second week I was on tane my whole face was DRIPPING (it was gross) and the blackheads started to push out.. it's probably nothing you did or didn't do, it's just the medicine working. I'd say it was day 3 when I really felt the meds working and I knew it wasn't just my hypochondriac nature.

As far as getting accutane for mild/moderate acne, it is normally a last-ditch effort. Most derms are hesitant to put people on it if they haven't tried anything else for it. You also have those who push tane like it's nobody's business, and you have the odd one who will never give it out. If you are hell-bent on getting it, you've tried everything within reason, and your derm wont' give it to you, (this is not a nice thing to say but I'll say it anyway) there is likely a derm in town who will. You just have to decide if the end is worth the means.

And it really was about a month before I saw improvement, and about 3 before I was getting happy with my face. It's an emotional roller-coaster, to be sure.

Hope that helps!