Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grace2

Accutane and Night Vision

Hey! Ive been on accutane for about a month now and when I got checked with my doc i told her i was noticing it harder to see at night while driving and she took me off accutane for at least a month. has anyone else experienced this? I am on 40mg/day and have no other side effects not even dry skin or anything with no more than four current tiny blimishes. Im really upset because I want to get this process over with, i hate having to limit myself to normal activities...tanning, drinking....so forth.

any advice would be great!

I had some decreased night vision towards the end of my first course, it returned to normal within a few weeks of finishing if i recall correctly. I didn't experience it the last time around though.

I had some decreased night vision towards the end of my first course, it returned to normal within a few weeks of finishing if i recall correctly. I didn't experience it the last time around though.

It's always good to err on the side of caution, but I do think it was unreasonable to stop accutane because of decreased night vision only. It's a common side effect, and not indicative of any more serious effects or permanent damage. Decreased night vision should be expected for the most part. You just have to be careful until you know how much it's going to affect you.

Hey! Ive been on accutane for about a month now and when I got checked with my doc i told her i was noticing it harder to see at night while driving and she took me off accutane for at least a month. has anyone else experienced this? I am on 40mg/day and have no other side effects not even dry skin or anything with no more than four current tiny blimishes. Im really upset because I want to get this process over with, i hate having to limit myself to normal activities...tanning, drinking....so forth.

any advice would be great!

Whaaat? Driving blind is so much fun though! Every bump is a mystery! Don't worry, they're probably just dogs.

Whaaat? Driving blind is so much fun though! Every bump is a mystery! Don't worry, they're probably just dogs.

You know, i was thinking about this thread and realized that i may not have even noticed this time if i did lose night vision since i live in the city and it never really gets dark here.

I'm only in week four, but my vision has definitely been effected.

My night vision is appalling. I'm often saying 'Is it dark in here or is it me?' and turning on lights when, apparently, they aren't needed. My vision in general is a lot poorer too, especially if I'm tired. I've never had sight problems before so it has taken some getting used to.