Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ReiseReise

Probiotic (initial breakout??)

I've just recently started taking a probiotic, mainly for my stomach because I have Crohns and want to get some more healthy bacteria into my stomach but also because I've heard it could possibly improve skin quality. Well I have been taken probiotic tablets for 3 days now and I've had a major breakout and got two ulcers ... do you think this could be like a initial breakout? like clearling the toxic crap out of my stomach? or does it sound more like a allergic reaction?

Thanks for any help :).

hugely doubt that you'd get a big breakout from starting probiotics. maybe you would if you were taking something that kills the bad bacteria/yeast/parasites possibly.. seriously doubt it's an allergic reaction to the probiotics as well.. anything else you've been doing differently?

Well, it's a possibility...if you have Crohns, you are probably very toxic with pretty bad gut dybiosis.

Herximer's die off reaction (spelling?) google that- it could be possible from that it might get worse for a week or so but then it should go away.

Thanks for the replies guys :) but it seems I had some terrible allergic reaction, I spent most of yesterday being sick and had to visit the Dr. I would seriously suggest anyone with an IBS to ask their Dr. before taken any probiotic ... I actually mentioned to my Dr. the reasons I decided to take them (i.e. benefits to skin and settle stomach) and he thinks introducing any large amounts of bacteria into your stomach whether good or not will not always work out well.

Well there is a lesson I've learnt, you take this stuff thinking it can only do good. I never ever want to be that sick again ever.