Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bluray

DO NOT use too much strong BP

3 days ago I decided to follow dan kern's regimen by using BP in the morning and at night. But I don't have either of the 2 BP's suggested. I have a stronger 5% BP. Anyway, I put it on the morning (a LOT stupidly) and then at night (A lot again), my skin felt fine. I then woke up the next day to find my face was absolutely dry and a bit red. Toward the end of the day it felt like rubber, it was BRIGHT RED and it wrinkled more than my 80 year old grandmother's face. It looked awful. The following day the same thing, but now it started to peel while remaining so absolutely red and dry, not a pleasant sight. 4 applications of moisturizer didn't help, after each it would just soak it up and dry again 10 minutes later. Its still peeling today, 3 days after using so much of the cream. I notice a few more very mild red spots around my face now, nothing serious as my acne isn't very bad but it just makes my face appear more flooded with acne than before.

So, just a mild warning, don't make the same silly mistake as me! :dance:

It's likely because you started with a strong BP. Your skin wasn't accustomed to such a high concentration. I started with 2.5% and eventually got up to 10%, and I never saw those effects.

Starting out using BP is pretty rough even with a low concentration like 2.5%, though, my face felt the effects within a few days of starting. No matter whether you use 2.5% or 5%, it's very important that you start out slow and apply only a tiny amount for the first week and then slowly increase the amount until you reach your full dose.

Thing is though, I've been using 5% BP for the past 2 years. But I used a lot in the morning and a lot at night (usually only use it in the morning and a tad smaller amount. Thats probably what sparked it.

i started out with 7% and my skin went just fine..but i still hav nuff acne...DKR should b coming soon