Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jasota

post accutaners HELPPPPPPPPPP

i was on accutane for 9 months but just 20mg/day...and i weigh around 46kg...2 months post tane i started getting these goosepimple look alike things near my nose...then i got some near my forehead...my derm said that they werent acne but jus supressed oil glands that wud go away....i guess my body is jus adjusting....

has any1 experienced this??

nope...my derm said i shd use a topical only if i had some kind of acne...they seem to be clearing up..the fact that they r quite close to my eye...im sure its not acne.....

wat do u think??

In the thin skin right around the eye?

I disagree on the only using a topical if you have active acne thing. A topical retinoid can maintain clear pores and help to repair the upper layers of skin, fading red marks faster and improving the appearance of scars.

If you wait until the acne is back you have to go through the pore clearing thing again, risking an IB and more scarring and such. It's much easier to keep them open than to open them when they are clogged imo.

i dunno...

yes it is there in that very thin area near my eye...that very very delicate area..

is it possible to get acne there??

It is probably milia, not acne. They are tiny little epidermal cysts which often form on that thin delicate skin. The only way to really get rid of them is to have them surgically removed.