Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Perfidia

Is this still acne,or something different/

Hi All,

I'm 43 and have had the usual acne for over 30 years,nothing has helped,been through the usual round of derms and meds,some things have worked for a short while but it always returns with a vengeance.

In the last 6 months or so Ive been getting huge hard lumps on my face but massively on my back, my usual acne always had spots containing pus which went away after the spot had been popped. These lumps dont contain pus, they are just huge hard painful lumps which never completely go away, even when the redness and inflammation go away, there is still a large lump under the skin, has anyone any experience of this? is it acne?

Went to my GP who gave me hormone tests and thyroid function tests, all ok.

It doesnt matter what I put on these lumps, they dont go, please reply if you have any ideas, thanks

Cysts? Get on accutane.

Thanks for your reply Testoterone,dont cysts have pus in them? I'm not sure,

As for the accutane, I suffer from depression and from what Ive been told by a derm, accutane is then not suitable for me, thanks anyway

yeah, you probably don't want to go anywhere near accunate then - if you suffer from depression.

I had cystic acne on my chin and I have a good regimen that works. I don;t think the whole thing would work for you but maybe a few things would.

Have you ever heard of Borage oil and lecithin? Do you drink green tea by any chance?

And, if your username in reference to Phyllis Dillon?

yeah, you probably don't want to go anywhere near accunate then - if you suffer from depression.

I had cystic acne on my chin and I have a good regimen that works. I don;t think the whole thing would work for you but maybe a few things would.

Have you ever heard of Borage oil and lecithin? Do you drink green tea by any chance?

Hi Ami and Barnabas,

I have heard of Borage but not lecithin, do you use them topically or as pills?I dont drink Green tea but have heard of it.

Perfidia is actually my middle name, my mother loved the Glenn Miller song of that name so much, she named me after it, unfortunately she didnt research the meaning of the name so I guess I'm stuck with it :rolleyes:

Its never been proven that accutane causes depression. In fact, the side effects from accutane are usually very mild. I could only see your depression improving as accutane clears up acne amazingly.

Its never been proven that accutane causes depression. In fact, the side effects from accutane are usually very mild. I could only see your depression improving as accutane clears up acne amazingly.

Hey Ami.....

Is that Kung Fu on your Signature?...

Perfidia..... I sing it :boohoo: ... don't speak spanish but AWESOME SONG.... Don't know really what it means are you Spanish?

Dosn't it mean something like GOODBYE?... The one I sing along to has some English Verses... LOVELY SONG.;)..

Guest Aloetta

You might want to also try WITCH HAZEL...

It's a mild Toner as is ROSE WATER.....

You can purchase the ones at the Drug -stores.. but chk the contents...

I spotted some at a DOLLAR STORE.... although it does contain a bit of alcohol it works for me.. and my skin never looked so great..

I've been highly complimented that it looked like porceline -- Never in my Life have I got such a compliment!!..

TRY IT!!

Hi Perfidia,

I posted this on another thread, but as we are close in age, I thought I'd repost it here as it might be of interest to you:

I am a 39 y/o female with severe hormonal acne on and off for for most of my life, (since about age 12 or so). I started on spironolactone 100 mg daily about 1.5 years ago and can honestly say it has helped to reduce the oil production in my skin overall and to decrease the size and number of pimples on my face; (I used to get dozens of pimples at a shot, at one time my whole face would be covered with them, now I usually get only 1-2 small pimples at a time, generally around that time of the month and I can deal with this).

I had a bad breakout recently (which I believe was tied to overconsumption of dairy products, I was drinking 3-4 milkshakes a day plus eating ice cream because of an IBS-C flare-up) but I am getting back on track slowly but surely and have resolved to never ever overdo the dairy ever again.

I have never taken BCPs, but spironolactone works in a similar fashion to some BCPs (the low estrogen kind) to counteract the effects of free testosterone on the skin and hair follicles. I don't think everyone with severe acne has hormonal acne per se, but my derm believes if a woman over 30 has acne problems, then there is probably something going on hormone-wise that is affecting her skin and needs to be addressed if the acne is to be treated effectively.

Good luck and best wishes from bookyone :)