Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gringe

Acne effect facial hair?

I just wanted to know if acne affected the way facial hair grows in? Because im missing some hair in certain parts with mild scarring. I wasnt sure if that was just my beard in patches... or the scars screwing with it.

yes usually where you will havs scars there will be no facial hair-this is what my doctor said,i think it destroys the hair roots deep down below.

Same here its pretty dam annoying (although better than pimples)...

I had facial hair missing where the beard grows due to the acne scars,one treatment that fetches it back after time is needling/self needling your scars.

If you needle your acne scars this will not only grow back the facial hair over time but also improve your acne scars,bare in mined though this is a very slow proccess and over months and many needling treatments will improve these problems,the goal is to keep needling once every month to two months so trust me this works.

Read up about needling and start doing it,im 42 and i've been self needling for about a year now to improve my severe acne scars,it's the best treatment i've found that is improve them and i hope to be happy with my face within a year or two.

Facial hair looks gross anyway :P If I had the choice, I'd have all of it removed for good, except for maybe a soul patch.

Facial hair looks gross anyway :P If I had the choice, I'd have all of it removed for good, except for maybe a soul patch.

Same here - can't grow a beard - and I'm 37!!

I wish I could...would grow one to cover all the scars! :(