Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

hey fellow acne sufferers :wall:

does anyone know which "birth control pills" are supposed to be the best in helping acne??

i tried MARVELON for 6 mths but it made NO change at all,

i currently have the "DEPO PROVERA" birth control injection swimming about my body and think this may have triggered the sopts??? i had it in january!!

should i try another BIRTH CONTROL PILL??

ive mainly been gettin blackheads but just lately ive been gettin spots again :boohoo:

they have also started coming back on my chest which had been clear for a few mths...

im so fed up and dont know what to do!!!!

my skin gets REALLY dry from products and im guessing that means i have sensitive skin???

so if anyone can give me some advice then i will love u loads "lol"

cheers

Yeah, I really don't recommend the depo shot, just because it is such a long term commitment, and you can never be too sure how your body will react to it. I was intrigued by it, but my doctor warned me that it may not be the best thing, since some people have a strong reaction to it and you can't do a damn'd thing about it until it runs its course.

Supposedly the Ortho Evra patch is great, but I'm not seeing much difference. Maybe my skin would be a thousand times worse without it.

hmmm ive not heard of the Ortho Evra patch but i will ask my doc when i go see him at the end of the month, i did used to get on fine with the depo shot when i first had it 9 yrs ago (i was 18) after having my first child, i guess i was on it for 3 yrs and then it started to give me trouble, acne bceame a problem when i was 21 and since then its been a nightmare!!

ive since had another child and now i know i never want to be pregnant again and thats why i thought the birth control pill cud stop the babies and maybe ease my skin a bit...

oh well i guess i will have to have a good old moan to the doc "again" :boohoo:

i will NEVER have depo again!!! :hand:

i wouldn't touch Depo with a 10 foot pole.

never ever take TriNessa.

Ortho Tri Cyclen is *suppose* to help clear skin and it's hit or miss. The first time I took it I had beautiful skin and the second time..not so beautiful.

yamin was the best BC I was on, but it didn't help for my skin. Ortho Tri Cyclen also didn't help with my skin... one month, perfect skin, the next month, cystic mess.

Depo Provera ruined my skin. But because once you get it your stuck with it I have to wait until the middle of May before I can try another form of birth control to get my skin back in order. My derm suggested ortho tri cyclen. Until then she told me to use Retin-A Micro for the night and spot treat with Zoderm in the morning.

Depo Provera ruined my skin. But because once you get it your stuck with it I have to wait until the middle of May before I can try another form of birth control to get my skin back in order. My derm suggested ortho tri cyclen. Until then she told me to use Retin-A Micro for the night and spot treat with Zoderm in the morning.

get an IUD and forget the hassle, I have had mine for 6 years, a lot of them last for 10 years and are plastic, they are not the crappy kind they used decades ago, evolved a bit, I love mine

But Dianette/Diane35 also carries with it an increased risk of blood clots versus other types of BCP, and is not available in some countries, restricted in others. I'd go for a different brand known to help acne before taking on more blood clot risk.