Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Why me??

Applying honey on acne-prone face

I read that applying honey on the face can improve the skin... now what type of honey should I use? And should I dilute it first or just apply it in its thick natural state?

I read that applying honey on the face can improve the skin... now what type of honey should I use? And should I dilute it first or just apply it in its thick natural state?

well if you read it , it must be true then.

as opposed to seeing it on tv, where those things are usually more true.

im totally joking of course, but really i have no good proven reason to believe this would help anyones skin.

im totally joking of course, but really i have no good proven reason to believe this would help anyones skin.

Honey contains alpha hydroxy acids which remove dead skin cells from the surface of your skin, but also retains moisture and contains vitamins and minerals that make it good for sensitive skin. Its high sugar content prevents bacteria from flourishing and it has been used as an antisepctic for wounds for centuries. Its high vitamin content also promotes healing and is more effective than commercial balms and products.

It works well on acne for its antimicrobial, soothing and exfoliating properties.

Why me??, you can leave it on as long as you like. It doesn't need to be very thick at all.

If you want healing honey pay the 30.00 or so and get the highest UMF rated Manuka Honey. Do a search here as it was huge a year or so ago. Everybody was buying manuka honey.

I tried it a few times I dont know if it worked because I didn't stick with it. Too sticky -lol.

Honey contains alpha hydroxy acids which remove dead skin cells from the surface of your skin, but also retains moisture and contains vitamins and minerals that make it good for sensitive skin. Its high sugar content prevents bacteria from flourishing and it has been used as an antisepctic for wounds for centuries. Its high vitamin content also promotes healing and is more effective than commercial balms and products.

It works well on acne for its antimicrobial, soothing and exfoliating properties.

Why me??, you can leave it on as long as you like. It doesn't need to be very thick at all.

ive been doing the honey thing for the past 2 nites and im gonna stick (bad choice of words) with it for a while and see what happens,

it has not irritated me as yet and does feel nice on my face so maybe thats a good sign,

good luck to anyone else trying it :dance:

I use a tbsp of honey mixed with a tsp of acv and use it as a spot treatment at night and so far it has been working great (been using it for about a month). It seems to reduce inflammation and redness a lot for me. I've used it on a few painful lumps I've felt under my skin and they faded away within several days without ever turining into a visible zit. I'm sold on it (for now, anyway!).

Can I apply it everyday? Or maybe even 2-3 times a day? Or is it a once-a-week kind of thing?

and btw I'm using organic, raw, and pure ordinary honey. It's not manuka honey. Is this ok?

I think it's working for me. Honey just feels so good when applied to the skin, it doesnt irritate at all and when you apply it it feels so smooth.

Guest ~Wolfy~
thats what I use too - its totally fine to use that. Just the good old stuff in a bear :) I'd never in a million years pay $30 for f'in honey - to hell with that!

You'd probably be OK. There is a theoretical risk of botulism poisoniing- honey contains spores from botulinum, but these are normally killed by the stomach if you eat it. If you apply honey to broken skin, the spores could bypass the stomach and could infect you with the poison; you could theoretically die. Having said that, I don't think there's ever been a case, but then most people don't repeatedly smear honey all over themselves (well, not on broken skin anyway :shifty:)!

FWIW babies often get botulism from honey; their parents feed them honey but their stomachs aren't fully formed yet.

I think if you get proper medicine grade, the botulism has been killed.

Sounds like a load of baloney Wolfy !! Sorry!! Tesco's specials all the way.

Have you ever tasted honey baby? :whistle:

Oh damn my maid left the bottle open for a while and ants went inside it. I managed to get all the dead ants out but is it still ok to be applied on the face?

I'm really liking honey. Feels good and its so easy to wash off. Just splash some water... your hand doesnt even need to touch the face.

I got some Manuka +10 honey today (which 1 is damn expensive and 2 tastes like garbage)... I'm going to exfoliate later with water/gentle brush and then apply a honey mask/spot treat and then wash off with a cleanser.

My question (and I know it's probably a variable) -- what kind of length of time should I leave it on for? 5 mins? 10 - 15?

Thanks a lot.

I'm starting to apply honey from the store (all natural) on my face and it makes it so smooth!