Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

i have been using my lamp now for around 8-9 weeks and the other day i realised i had been sitting too close and this was causing my face to be very red.It has however improved my skin a lot and so my question is should i continue to the end of the 12 weeks sitting at the correct distance or stop completely until the redness has died down and then start again at the correct distance?? The redness is at its worst after washing my face but after an hour it calms down but not to how it should be.

i would just take a few days off from using the light - then start again sitting the correct distance away.

tim

I'm on my third treatment, and today I happened to be in a room with horrible fluorescent lightning and saw myself in a mirror. (How much I despise those lights.) To my dismay, my face appeared quite red, instead of the normal corpse-like pale appearance. I am sitting at the required distance from the Beauty Skin, but I'm wondering if this continues I should sit back a bit further? Then again, it might just be wind burn, as I do a lot of walking in the winter and today there was a nasty breeze with -25C windchill - that always makes my face quite red.

Anybody else have problems with red face using these lights?

Oh, and I'm still finding the Beauty Skin quite relaxing. The green lights (with goggles on) are mesmerizing, I'm in a total relaxation zone. I'm kind of sad when the timer ends. :D

EDIT: Now that I look at my skin in a different mirror, it's more of a pinkish colour.

Guest ~Wolfy~
I'm on my third treatment, and today I happened to be in a room with horrible fluorescent lightning and saw myself in a mirror. (How much I despise those lights.) To my dismay, my face appeared quite red, instead of the normal corpse-like pale appearance. I am sitting at the required distance from the Beauty Skin, but I'm wondering if this continues I should sit back a bit further? Then again, it might just be wind burn, as I do a lot of walking in the winter and today there was a nasty breeze with -25C windchill - that always makes my face quite red.

Anyway, I think any redness is likely due to using the red light too much, or windburn. I'm considering switching my lamp over to all blue, and halving the treatment time and then maybe having a separate all-red lamp I use twice a week, but we'll see how it goes.

Anyway, I think any redness is likely due to using the red light too much, or windburn. I'm considering switching my lamp over to all blue, and halving the treatment time and then maybe having a separate all-red lamp I use twice a week, but we'll see how it goes.

I was thinking of getting a second lamp (Beautyskin in my case) and arrange them in a V shape. This would mean I don't have to turn my face to treat each side alternately as I'm doing now, and could presumably also halve the treatment time. I'd also still be getting the red light for the theraputic benefit. Does this make sense?

I would say you'd get about twice the dose on the areas of the face where rays from the 2 lights overlapped. On other areas you'd only get the regular dose given by a single lamp.

In any case its a good idea, but you of course have to purchase 2 lamps and then the trick is to synchronize the timers perfectly so they stop at the same time. If you could wire one timer to serve both lamps, it would be perfect. Or you could live with the annoyance of having one shut off sooner than the other.

I have about 2 months in using my Beautyskin lamp. I'm having a flare up at the moment which is killing me, but its mostly just redmarks and small stuff. No redness or irritation from the lamp has ocurred yet. I also have not experienced the reduction in sebum that I got from the acnelamp, but I put a lot more time in on the acnelamp than what I'm spending on the Beautyskin.

So anyway I hope in one more month I will really clear up but we'll have to wait and see.

hi,

i'm planning to suppliment my existing old lamp (dermalux sylvania - 4 bulbs only) with a new lamp. a beauty skin i think i will get. i will then use them together at the same time. i could then treat my back, chest, and face from various angles at the same time. this will make it much quicker for me! spending an hour a day with the lamp on is a bit much, so hopefully i can get this time down!

tim

It appears the redness was likely windburn, as I didn't go walking on the weekend and my face went back to normal. Tonight I will do my 6th treatment, and so far I can't say I've noticed any changes yet. Perhaps my skin is a little less oily when I wake up in the morning. But it's way too early.

can you ever stop these treatments? just wondering. If you are using Beautyskin now and you clear up, can you stop? and if you do will acne come back? or can you simply reduce time?

Guest ~Wolfy~
can you ever stop these treatments? just wondering. If you are using Beautyskin now and you clear up, can you stop? and if you do will acne come back? or can you simply reduce time?

Guest ~Wolfy~
Yes it does. The light does not reach all areas of the face equally- in fact there are shadows on the sides of the face even when the light is on, but I wonder if one would end up with a problem of overdosing.