Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I KNOW it was a stupid thing to do!

But seriously it never occurred to me that i shouldnt be doing it. I guess i thought ive been off it for a month and it was OK (plus i really thought my skin was okay cause it wasnt dry) But boy was i wrong. When the beautician stripped the wax off my eyebrows it was SO painful and turned RED so quick! When she applied cream on it, it stung like CRAZY! When i sat up i saw a SIGN right infront of me saying - "Please notify staff if u are on any skin medication". I was so embarrassed to catch the bus home looking like i did

Anyway, can you guys pleaseee look at the photo that was taken lastnight and tell me if anyone knows when this will go away or whats the best thing to do? Has anyone waxed and had the same problem? Ive been applying all sorts of creams!

It looks and feels like its going to scab. Its so stiff that when i scrunch my face up i can see the stripped skin wrinkle up.

Do u think once this skin peels off or whatever that it will leave a scar or some kinda white mark?? im so scared a mark will be left permanantly!!!! now i have to worry bout red marks/scars and more possible scarring all around both my brows

Help!

and dont anyone EVER do this

post-47474-1172818926_thumb.jpg

post-47474-1172818926_thumb.jpg

OUCH! you poor thing! That sounds painful.

Once the beautician used wax that was too hot on mine and it burned my skin. I even scabbed on one eye. The good news is that it did not leave any permanent damage.

I'd try aloe vera and ice to help with the swelling and redness.

Your eyebrows are ROCKIN! She did a great job on them ;)

Once the beautician used wax that was too hot on mine and it burned my skin. I even scabbed on one eye. The good news is that it did not leave any permanent damage.

hehe thanks! they look much better than they were before! But id give anything to go back and NOT do it ..grr

So you waxed your eyebrows while on tane too ha?? How long did it take to scab up and how long did the scab go away and skin was back to normal??

Cause in the picture, where ever u see Red, its stiff and sore.

Might be too late for ice since i did it 2 days ago :confused: IM SUCH A FOOL

hehe thanks! they look much better than they were before! But id give anything to go back and NOT do it ..grr

So you waxed your eyebrows while on tane too ha?? How long did it take to scab up and how long did the scab go away and skin was back to normal??

Cause in the picture, where ever u see Red, its stiff and sore.

Might be too late for ice since i did it 2 days ago :confused: IM SUCH A FOOL

It'll probably take as long to heal as any other scab. Let this be a lesson to all.......even if your beautician does not ask MAKE SURE they know if you're using accutane, ANY retinoids, or other exfoliants.