Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Foomph

My first exercise and accutane side-effects

I'm on Month 4, Day 1.

I posted this in my blog but figured I'd put it here too in case anyone else experienced it?

It seems when I sweat profusely (as I do when I work out/run for more than an hour at a time) my face STINGS, turns BRIGHT RED (especially cheeks, nose, and right above my upper lip, and chin) and then it stay red for a couple of days after, slowly fading, until the skins starts peeling off as if I had a sunburn/windburn.

Moisturizers STING (even cetaphil). Emu oil and cortisone don't sting much at all, but I still "feel it" going on, then it fades.

It's like the windburn I get from snowboarding but from just running on the damn treadmill? I'm not sure if this is a combo of the sweat and the rubbing of my face with my towel, but today I ran 7 miles and just "patted" my face rather than rub, and although it didn't sting much, it's really red (still not fully healed from last time, I think-Tuesday) but when I put my emu oil and cortisone on, it stung a bit.

This better stop. I don't remember this last time...anyone else experience something like this? Did anything help?

I'm on Month 4, Day 1.

I posted this in my blog but figured I'd put it here too in case anyone else experienced it?

It seems when I sweat profusely (as I do when I work out/run for more than an hour at a time) my face STINGS, turns BRIGHT RED (especially cheeks, nose, and right above my upper lip, and chin) and then it stay red for a couple of days after, slowly fading, until the skins starts peeling off as if I had a sunburn/windburn.

Moisturizers STING (even cetaphil). Emu oil and cortisone don't sting much at all, but I still "feel it" going on, then it fades.

It's like the windburn I get from snowboarding but from just running on the damn treadmill? I'm not sure if this is a combo of the sweat and the rubbing of my face with my towel, but today I ran 7 miles and just "patted" my face rather than rub, and although it didn't sting much, it's really red (still not fully healed from last time, I think-Tuesday) but when I put my emu oil and cortisone on, it stung a bit.

This better stop. I don't remember this last time...anyone else experience something like this? Did anything help?

i got this when i first started accutane. your probably irritating your skin by rubbing it after the workout. this is what i did:

wash face with cetaphil in the shower

use Klaron gel on my face, then, while it's still wet with Klaron, put pea-sized amount of "Eucerin Calming Cream" on my hand and rub it into my face (the Klaron helps prevent your face from getting too greasy with the Eucerin).

I found that this really releived the redness and burning and didn't have any more problems with this from then on.