Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NdnRomeo

Do you wash 3x a day?

For people living in the South (texas, florida, etc etc), the southern states in general where it gets realllly hot and humid, do you wash and moisturize three times a day? I know it's not good for you, but for the past year, I used to wash 2x a day but no matter how many oil absorbing sheets I'd use, after an 8 hour period, I would start getting clogged pores, and it feels really sticky and gross when it's 90+ degrees and 90% humidity all the time.

So do any of you wash three times a day (gently of course).

well i live in south florida (constant humidity and heat) and i find washing my face with cleanser in the morning, then splashing my face with water and patting it with a towel late afternoon, and then cleansing once again at night, is sufficient.

Yeah I actually cut back to washing once maybe twice a day and using tepid water just to dry up some oil.

I eased into washing less and my red marks improved..

well i live in south florida (constant humidity and heat) and i find washing my face with cleanser in the morning, then splashing my face with water and patting it with a towel late afternoon, and then cleansing once again at night, is sufficient.

do you get acne?

I ask because it makes me wonder if using water alone clogs pores. I hear it does. Do you use warm or cold water?

Tepid.. not hot not cold. In the middle.

Well it hasn't so far. I'll put my face under the sink or under the showerhead for a quick second.

I get the occasional pimple. But nothing too serious.

I've been doing this for 2 or 3 weeks now. Only gotten 2 pimples. (One was kinda bigger than normal)

My acne has been getting better, the pimples are always smaller so I resorted to this.

Tepid.. not hot not cold. In the middle.

Well it hasn't so far. I'll put my face under the sink or under the showerhead for a quick second.

I get the occasional pimple. But nothing too serious.

I've been doing this for 2 or 3 weeks now. Only gotten 2 pimples. (One was kinda bigger than normal)

My acne has been getting better, the pimples are always smaller so I resorted to this.

I live in Florida. The air gets so moist here it's hard to breathe. :injured:

I use OCM to cleanse, so I don't need moisturizer (I find that it just breaks you out more anyway). I cleanse with OCM at night. In the morning I just rinse really well with warm water, gently wipe everything away with a damp washcloth, splash my face with cold water and I'm done.

I only wash twice a day, once when I get home from school to take off my make-up and then again when I get in the shower later on. I'm not really bothered by the humidity that much, I only get bothered by it when it makes my hair feel nasty and my bangs that touch my face sorta stick to it.

i wash 4-5 times a day and have been doing it for a long time ,i wash whenever im oily but i use cetapihl cleanser,thiis stuff is no harm at all & works great.I dont even need to moisturize.Though if you are curretly using any med on your acne then you should leave it for few hours before cleansing.

i wash 4-5 times a day and have been doing it for a long time ,i wash whenever im oily but i use cetapihl cleanser,thiis stuff is no harm at all & works great.I dont even need to moisturize.Though if you are curretly using any med on your acne then you should leave it for few hours before cleansing.

Woa that's a lot! 4 to 5 times a day, I couldn't do that.

I live in Louisiana. Pretty humid here :sick:

I noticed that when I used more drying face washes, my face got oilier. Like one's with BP in them already, or soap. I thought, ok it's for oily skin, so it will make my face less oily. But really it makes your body think it needs to create more oil.

I think that no matter what you do, you will feel gross no matter what, at the end of the day. But maybe, like some people said, use a mild cleanser, maybe one with some natural emolients in it, and maybe your face won't over produce oil.

I don't think using just water with clog your pores. I mean, you have to make sure you wash your hands with soap first, and then rinse your face. And don't scrub it dry with a towel, just pat your face dry. Scrubbing it will open up all the pores, and it actully tears then slightly, which can cause breakouts. But that's actually what I do when I get sweaty and oily, is just rinse my face off with cool water.

I don't actually live in the south but it's pretty humid here and during the summer I half to wash 3x per day

or my face looks like you could cook on it

I live in Louisiana. Pretty humid here :sick:

I noticed that when I used more drying face washes, my face got oilier. Like one's with BP in them already, or soap. I thought, ok it's for oily skin, so it will make my face less oily. But really it makes your body think it needs to create more oil.

I think that no matter what you do, you will feel gross no matter what, at the end of the day. But maybe, like some people said, use a mild cleanser, maybe one with some natural emolients in it, and maybe your face won't over produce oil.

I don't think using just water with clog your pores. I mean, you have to make sure you wash your hands with soap first, and then rinse your face. And don't scrub it dry with a towel, just pat your face dry. Scrubbing it will open up all the pores, and it actully tears then slightly, which can cause breakouts. But that's actually what I do when I get sweaty and oily, is just rinse my face off with cool water.

I don't actually live in the south but it's pretty humid here and during the summer I half to wash 3x per day

I grew up in Houston. Yep, I washed at lunch and reapplied moisturizer every day for a total of 3x per day.

My derm told me to NEVER be without moisturizer because it protects your pores from environmental agents. He also advised me to wear makeup, but I guess that's not an option for you ;) heee!

I grew up in Houston. Yep, I washed at lunch and reapplied moisturizer every day for a total of 3x per day.

My derm told me to NEVER be without moisturizer because it protects your pores from environmental agents. He also advised me to wear makeup, but I guess that's not an option for you ;) heee!

I am using MD Formulations moisturizer now. Not greasy at all .. it soaks in as soon as you put it on. Kinda pricey, though. They have a great gel moisturizer which I will switch to in the summer when it gets REALLY hot and humid (I live in the Waco area now). It's supposed to be even better for controlling moisture w/o a greasy feel.

I don't know how to answer your other question about making it MORE oily. My skin is just incredibly oily and always has been. I can't tell if washing it more often made it more so?? I just couldn't stand the oil dripping off my face all afternoon, so it was better for me to wash and reapply. My dad has oily skin, too ... so I think it must be genetic. The good news is that my parents are aging REALLY WELL so I guess there is an upside to it all! LOL! They look a good 20 years younger than they really are.

I just couldn't stand the oil dripping off my face all afternoon, so it was better for me to wash and reapply.

LOL! What can I say? It's Houston afterall... I swear, when I go back, I immediately start oozing oil. The humidity there is ridiculous.

Do you think that the reason you get lots of oil is washing three times a day?

Or do you think that the body will produce the same amount no matter how much you wash?

I think it's the last statament, because no matter how moisturized my face is, then it's suppoesd to know it doesn't need more oil, but it still keeps producing more and more. Stupid body!

I just try to do my 2 times a day after I sweat, or work out and whatnot.

Sometimes I try to sweat before my evening routine, because I think it opens up my pores. Anyone know if sweating irritates it more or not?

(I live in the ATL btw)

I live in Tampa and wash twice a day. I don't dare do more because it will dry my face out. Maybe its just me though.

I am using MD Formulations moisturizer now. Not greasy at all .. it soaks in as soon as you put it on. Kinda pricey, though. They have a great gel moisturizer which I will switch to in the summer when it gets REALLY hot and humid (I live in the Waco area now). It's supposed to be even better for controlling moisture w/o a greasy feel.

I don't know how to answer your other question about making it MORE oily. My skin is just incredibly oily and always has been. I can't tell if washing it more often made it more so?? I just couldn't stand the oil dripping off my face all afternoon, so it was better for me to wash and reapply. My dad has oily skin, too ... so I think it must be genetic. The good news is that my parents are aging REALLY WELL so I guess there is an upside to it all! LOL! They look a good 20 years younger than they really are.