Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
alexWHO?

Getting Fit!

Alright well spring break is coming up soon and i need to lose some pounds! i gain weight since the summer and i need to lose before i got on my cruise for spring break. what are some good ways for me to lose this weight? im thinking about going to the gym at my church with my parents. What else could i do though?

Alright well spring break is coming up soon and i need to lose some pounds! i gain weight since the summer and i need to lose before i got on my cruise for spring break. what are some good ways for me to lose this weight? im thinking about going to the gym at my church with my parents. What else could i do though?

Guest Mankind

30 mins cardio 3x a week minimum

8 glasses of water minimum

high fruit and vegetable diet

EFAS ( fish or flax seed oil intake)

lean meat

good carbs (non-refined)

Split throughout the day between 4 to 6 mini meals

result = healthy weight :)

Enjoy

30 mins cardio 3x a week minimum

8 glasses of water minimum

high fruit and vegetable diet

EFAS ( fish or flax seed oil intake)

lean meat

good carbs (non-refined)

Split throughout the day between 4 to 6 mini meals

result = healthy weight :)

Enjoy

Rock on! Im working on getting fit too now, Im going jogging or some other form of cardio at least 3-4 times a week, plus weights, and different other random toning excercizes.

I really want to get fit too.. I keep holding it off though. I'm going to take xxndnromeoxx's advice though I think.... Starting tomorrow for sure :liar:

:boohoo:

I eat baby meals, lots of fruits & veggie (tables), no meat (yuck), no dairy (just almond milk), never work out, lots of disco dancing in my bedroom (door shut) & sexy sex... conclusion: fit as a tree, staight and narrow, nice and lean.

:boohoo:

I eat baby meals, lots of fruits & veggie (tables), no meat (yuck), no dairy (just almond milk), never work out, lots of disco dancing in my bedroom (door shut) & sexy sex... conclusion: fit as a tree, staight and narrow, nice and lean.

Step 1: Calculate your calorie usage

Step 2: Subtract around 500Cal from that number, this is what your daily intake should be

Step 3: Eat EVERY 2.5-3 hours

Water water water! No more soda,fruitjuice (with 10% real fruit juice!1!!) or other crap

Proteine! Lots of it, you get it from chicken, tuna cottage cheese eggwhites etc. every on of your meals should contain proteine!

Lots of vegetables when you're eating dinner! Try not too too much fruits (it can really add up when you're cutting), also try to avoid banana's.

DO NOT cut your fat intake down obsessively, you need around 20-30% GOOD fats daily, they come from walnuts, fish and whatnot. Remember you NEED fat to BURN fat.

And last but not least, do NOT undereat! I made the same mistake once and now I'm paying the price, I lost a ton of muscle by doing so.

Well this is the basic, it's up to you if you make it work :angel:

i want to get fit. you can never be too skinny

Step 1: Calculate your calorie usage

Step 2: Subtract around 500Cal from that number, this is what your daily intake should be

Step 3: Eat EVERY 2.5-3 hours

People will always lose muscle mass while cutting, making sure you don't loose too much is the hard part.

If he eats lots of protein daily (think 50% 30%carbs and 20%fats) he shouldn't loose too much muscle mass.

People will always lose muscle mass while cutting, making sure you don't loose too much is the hard part. If he eats lots of protein daily (think 50% 30%carbs and 20%fats) he shouldn't loose too much muscle mass.

Eat at a caloric deficit.

Lift heavy.

Maybe cardio as mentioned above if you really can be bothered.

And everything said above, although you might wanna put most of your carbs for the day right after lifting and at breakfast.

yeah i just dance in my room with the door shut aswell whoever else put that lol

then i do sit-ups, squats, arm exercises till im absolutely knackered, then thats it. works for me.

HIIT training actually keeps your metabolism up for hours and hours after you are done. You also expend less energy. It will kick your ass but you will get in shape very fast. If you're not obese you can dramatically improve your fitness levels in a matter of weeks or a month.

http://www.exrx.net/FatLoss/HIITvsET.html

http://www.exrx.net/ExInfo/HIIT.html

here is a good overview of how to incorporate it if you are just beginning.

http://www.musclemedia.com/training/hiit.asp

http://www.musclemedia.com/training/hiit_table.asp

Basically it's like being a kid again. You run like hell, then jog, then run like hell, then jog. Each week you add in another session of sprinting and jogging until you are doing about 12-20 minutes per session. That's it. Instead of 2 hours on the treadmill watching soaps you are only doing cardio for maybe 15 minutes and you are getting much better results and it's better for your heart.

It doesn't have to be sprinting either, it can be on a bike or stairs or whatever you have available but who doesn't have a school track or a playing field nearby?

Tremblay A, Simoneau JA, Bouchard C.

Physical Activity Sciences Laboratory, Laval University, Ste-Foy, Quebec, Canada.

The impact of two different modes of training on body fatness and skeletal muscle metabolism was investigated in young adults who were subjected to either a 20-week endurance-training (ET) program (eight men and nine women) or a 15-week high-intensity intermittent-training (HIIT) program (five men and five women). The mean estimated total energy cost of the ET program was 120.4 MJ, whereas the corresponding value for the HIIT program was 57.9 MJ. Despite its lower energy cost, the HIIT program induced a more pronounced reduction in subcutaneous adiposity compared with the ET program. When corrected for the energy cost of training, the decrease in the sum of six subcutaneous skinfolds induced by the HIIT program was ninefold greater than by the ET program. Muscle biopsies obtained in the vastus lateralis before and after training showed that both training programs increased similarly the level of the citric acid cycle enzymatic marker. On the other hand, the activity of muscle glycolytic enzymes was increased by the HIIT program, whereas a decrease was observed following the ET program. The enhancing effect of training on muscle 3-hydroxyacyl coenzyme A dehydrogenase (HADH) enzyme activity, a marker of the activity of beta-oxidation, was significantly greater after the HIIT program. In conclusion, these results reinforce the notion that for a given level of energy expenditure, vigorous exercise favors negative energy and lipid balance to a greater extent than exercise of low to moderate intensity. Moreover, the metabolic adaptations taking place in the skeletal muscle in response to the HIIT program appear to favor the process of lipid oxidation.

PMID: 8028502 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Interesting. Ya HIIT is tough for the really out of shape but the good thing is that if you stick with it you can progress very fast.

Maybe try doing the program Danny said for a month and then work up to HIIT? The good thing about this is that you can get that fast metabolism that teens have again with even less body fat since being an adult you probably have more muscle mass.

Another good way to use HIIT that I do is to do it in the pool. I start with 20 or so warm up laps and then get into it. It's a lot easier on your joints as well. Learn how to do butterfly and use that as the intense part of the program. It uses every major muscle group like crazy. Plus it's more fun to swim than sprint I think.

It just hit me, everyone is assuming that he even has enough muscle mass to be able to look "fit" once he loses some fat.

It just hit me, everyone is assuming that he even has enough muscle mass to be able to look "fit" once he loses some fat.