Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AnotherBob

Anyone know a good store to buy Oils?

I found them in a shopping mall. I was looking for emu and jojoba oil. They are not available in drug stores.

Emu oil and Jojoba oil ROCK. I use both of them. :D

hmm.. quirking :unsure:

Barnabes you use Emu Oil..... does that actually come in OIL FORM?

Never tried Jojoba - only for my hair. Although I have used Pure Olive Oil/Minerals/ Peanut/Sunflower/Safflower/Baby oils..

I stopped using Oils altogether, cause it would make me break-up or I'd find a lump/bump the next day.. (since it clogged pores.)..just use plain old vasaline if need be...

Has anyone ever found RICE BRAN OIL?

Yup, Emu oil really is an oil! It's excellent at healing, protecting and fading scars and discolorations.

Also, Jojoba is wonderful for the skin. It actually is non-comedogenic (won't clog pores), helps dissolve the skin's sebum while mimicking it to balance oil (for both oily skin as well as dry skin) and trick your skin into not producing more.

Do NOT use Mineral oil on your face! It is an industrial by-product and WILL clog your pores. Baby oil is good for babies, but not on their face and not on yours either.

Good oils to use for the face (especially if you have oily skin or acne) are Emu, Hazelnut, Jojoba, Grapeseed and Watermelon Seed. I use Emu, Jojoba and Grapeseed and I'm planning on trying out Hazelnut some time soon. I do NOT moisturize with them, rather, I cleanse with them, using the OCM, which uses them to gently and effectively dissolve built up sebum and draw out dirt and dead skin cells from the pores. When I am finished cleansing, the oil leaves my face glowing, conditioned, not greasy and properly moisturized--so I don't use moisturizer any more (most of which contain chemicals and crude oils which do clog your pores).

If you are curious about OCM, I made a thread about it, here.

------------------------------------

ON ANOTHER NOTE, AnotherBob, keep us updated on how they work out for you! :)