Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JasonER

Where to get same-day cortisone shots?

I live in north county San Diego and I've called 5 dermatologists so far, and none of them will do same-day cortisone shots. All of them said there was a waiting period of a week or so. What is the point of the shot if I have to wait a week? By that time the cyst is almost gone, and the shot is pointless. I really need to find a dermatologist that can do them on the same day, because I get these things all the time and it's very depressing. Does anyone have a recommendation?

Dont call, just walk in. They'll be less likely to turn you away. Also, while I was browsing a plastic surgeons site they offered "pimple injections" I'm assuming thats the same thing. So try them too.

I would agree with the first reply, just walk in and see what they say. I think you should look into preventing cysts from happening with treatment from a derm. since the injections can lead to atrophy and sometimes having to get multiple injections.

Dont call, just walk in. They'll be less likely to turn you away. Also, while I was browsing a plastic surgeons site they offered "pimple injections" I'm assuming thats the same thing. So try them too.

I live in north county San Diego and I've called 5 dermatologists so far, and none of them will do same-day cortisone shots. All of them said there was a waiting period of a week or so. What is the point of the shot if I have to wait a week? By that time the cyst is almost gone, and the shot is pointless. I really need to find a dermatologist that can do them on the same day, because I get these things all the time and it's very depressing. Does anyone have a recommendation?

Are there any derms in your area that are really upscale/focus on cosmetic dermatology (these doctors usually also offer botox/restylane/laser and maybe even liposuction) ?

I've seen 2 derms like that, and both are very understanding about same day appointments - one of them, I could call at 830am and get a 10am injection appointment. It cost just the same as seeing any dermatologist ($30 copay) thanks to my insurance.

Are there any derms in your area that are really upscale/focus on cosmetic dermatology (these doctors usually also offer botox/restylane/laser and maybe even liposuction) ?

I've seen 2 derms like that, and both are very understanding about same day appointments - one of them, I could call at 830am and get a 10am injection appointment. It cost just the same as seeing any dermatologist ($30 copay) thanks to my insurance.