Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ooggie

Proactiv- is it working for you?

I decided to post a good reveiw for proactiv since I keep seeing all these horrible reviews of the product, I've been using it for 3 1/2 years now, but I didn't acheive flawless skin until last year. And trust me my acne did not just go away, if I stop using it a month later i'll be full blown broken out.

If anyone tried this product and it doesn't seem to be working I can help, I've done all the "what not to do's" possible. But seriously it works if you give it a chance

Guest Mumblesorusjen
I decided to post a good reveiw for proactiv since I keep seeing all these horrible reviews of the product, I've been using it for 3 1/2 years now, but I didn't acheive flawless skin until last year. And trust me my acne did not just go away, if I stop using it a month later i'll be full blown broken out.

If anyone tried this product and it doesn't seem to be working I can help, I've done all the "what not to do's" possible. But seriously it works if you give it a chance

I used it for like three years and it gave me perfect skin, but even with moisturizung it hurt (not stung or burned, but HURT) like heck every time I used it. I had to stop.

I'm using it, working pretty well, I just have one thing to ask... they said use a dime size for this and a nickel size for that, and I had a good bit left, (then i started using a bit much of the BP, and I will barely have enough to last me until next SAT lol.

What's the amount you use for it, and do you use the whole package? Moisturizer, oil stuff, and the whole shebang?

Hello everyone! I used Proactiv for a little over a year. It cleared up the large deep cysts for about 6 months but I still had breakouts during that time of month. Then it was like my acne became immune to it. It no longer worked. I was looking for something new when I came across acne.org. I was contemplating trying the Murad system but was procrastinating because the last thing I wanted to do was invest all that money in something that only partially worked and didnt work for long. I started Dan's regimen a week ago and am praying for the best. Anyways, I just wanted to put my 2 cents in about Proactive. If its working for you, thats awesome. If you havent tried it yet, be prepared to possibly invest alot of money in something that may not work completely or quits working after awhile. Good luck! Lorrie

I hear mix reviews about it. It depends on your skin, it will either work or it won't. My brother was using it, he had severe acne. He uses it religiously and has been for a couple months and his face is tons better.

I like used Acnefree, When I compare acne free is faster. I hear about people drying up with proactive (brother has no problems) thats why I went with acnefree, very easy on my face and no FUNKY smells.

I used to use clearasil on the spot acne treatment and used the all clear moistrizer and I HATE AND WILL NEVER use Clearsil on the spot acne treatment again. Even if I use a small dab on a acne spot it dries up my face and moisturizer covered the skin peel for about an hour but then when I'm in class it's visible and I cover up my face with my hands in class and it's horrible. This is what I experienced the beginning of the school year and I always ran to the bathroom to splash some water on my peeling area. Bleeh horrible memories, I'm glad I switched to something else. Just a warning guys

ohh myy,

if i could, i would marry proative, ive been using it for 5 weeks (since yesterday), and it helped 34934098%. im not 100% acne free, but it cleard it up soo good. the refining mask is my best friend, that stuff workes really good.

but i do have some redness- some red spots or some post acne marks, i dont know how to get rid of those- proative did have a lightning lotion, but they took it off the market to re-do the forumla, but they might put it back on

i've tried Acne Free, for me- it didnt work at all, it said you should see a difference at 2 weeks, it didnt do a thing, to me (but that's just me)

i also tried Differn, i had it for 5 weeks, didnt do a thing, but make it a bit worse..

im so glad im using proactive, it got rid of ALL of my bumps, i just need to get the redspots gonee

^careful, in about a year it will start to burn horribly. That is what happened to me. I was not willing to feel pain and have clear skin. Uh nuh :naughty:

It worked for three months. Three bueatiful amazing months. Then it stopped working and I couldn't afford the 60 bucks a month for a treatment that was only giving me OTC performance.

when i was using it i found that i would run out of 1 of the bottles before i get my next shipment. it cleared my skin but like i said, once i ran out of the product, boom! acne back. rollercoaster ride. plus its kinda expensive.

i tired to for like 6 monthes....honestly it was a roller coaster ride...sometimes i would be clear but would still have red marks and kinda dry skin from it...i find it kinda crazy that if u read how to use the whole system its shows...use the cleasner.....then the toner...then the oil control...then they repairing lotion...then the spf moisturizer.....shit thats puttin alottttttt of stuff on your face....i found it was to much to handle at times....stuff ran out before the other stuff...and my skin was like really shinny from the toner and lotion which i didnt like

I only use the repairing lotion, the rest, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

But that seems to be okay

Not sure about the Sheer tint, undecided on that one by Pro dry me out....................

REJUVENOL RULES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Check out that product

I LOVE IT

proactiv = one of the worst products ever..for me. i'm happy for the people it is working for. but you know, the website said it only works in 80% of people. it kinda worked for me..but after a while started to dry me out really bad. i used it when i was 12 cant remember if it helped or not but my acne wasnt that bad back then..i was lazy and didnt use it that much. i dont remember having any side effects though. i tried it again last year. it sucked big time. it didnt help my acne much. i was still breaking out except for my forehead. actually helped there. i used it for like 2-3 months or so. the first time they send the kit it's like in really small samples..it's stupid. so i used it every day and after a month you're supposed to get the big bottles that last 2 months..so it was a month and i ran out of repairing lotion and they took an extra 2-3 weeks to send it. they are so dumb. it's not worth it. it just wasnt good service for all the money it cost.

Proactiv has made a difference, but it hasn't cleared my acne, or anything like it. Actually I found that it mostly made my acne free skin look a lot better, but just reduced some redness overall.

Over here in the UK, there is no BP in the kits, it's salicylic acid based. It certainly doesn't burn or sting or anything like that. The Refining Mask is awesome, it's fantastic at reducing inflammation and bringing nasty zits to a head so you can pop those man-bitches! It smells really good and feels nice and cool when you put it on. The toner feels a bit pointless, but hey, it can't hurt.

I'm with you for sticking up for Proactiv.

But then again, I think Vanessa Williams is pretty darned cool in Ugly Betty, so maybe I just like the fact that she's on the cover!

Muchos Liebe

Walking City

Proactive worked for me for about 4 years. It gave me very good skin compared to what I had before proactive, I only broke out slightly (1 or 2 ) zits related to pms. A couple of months ago, I noticed I was breaking out not once a month, but all the time. The proactive no longer controlled my acne, I also had started to form milia. I started searching online for answers, and that's how I found acne.org. I realized that many people feel the same way about proactive. I started the DKR about a month and a half ago, and my face is better than it ever was on proactive, even through pms!

My experience was almost the same as veresk flower. I started using ProActiv back in 1999. It did not work at first, but I realized that I wasn't getting the full effect unless I removed my makeup thoroughly before using the Proactiv. My face looked better for two years, but it most certainly was not completely clear.

After two years of being happy with it, it all of a sudden stopped working. My skin looked horrible and I finally gave it up in a few months time.

I was at my wit's end when I found this site. I went overboard and bought 10% BP everything, but you know what? It worked! I was almost completely clear in less than a week. I have toned it down, but so far, Persagel 10% is the only BP cream that works for me.

Hello everyone! I used Proactiv for a little over a year. It cleared up the large deep cysts for about 6 months but I still had breakouts during that time of month. Then it was like my acne became immune to it. It no longer worked. I was looking for something new when I came across acne.org. I was contemplating trying the Murad system but was procrastinating because the last thing I wanted to do was invest all that money in something that only partially worked and didnt work for long. I started Dan's regimen a week ago and am praying for the best. Anyways, I just wanted to put my 2 cents in about Proactive. If its working for you, thats awesome. If you havent tried it yet, be prepared to possibly invest alot of money in something that may not work completely or quits working after awhile. Good luck! Lorrie

Well, after trying so many different things(inludoing prescription products, over-the-counter, Dan's products, Green Cream, and Murad), I decided to go back to using ProActiv. I decided to give it a 2nd chance, because I decided that this time, I would stick with it! Well, I have been using for a little while now, and I have been getting good results with it. I have the 3 Piece, Sulfur Mask, and Green Tea Moisturizer. And for my next shipment, I am going to be switching over to the Gentle Formula Kit that contains 4 pieces, that contains salicylic acid instead of benzoyl peroxide. The only reason why I am switching to the Gentle Formula Kit is because I don't want to use benzoyl peroxide long-term, because I like everyone else am aging, and I feel that salicylic acid is better for my skin, in regards to it making fine lines and wrinkles more prominent on the face.

Proactive is a great product but you have to put it on everyday , night and morning i'm sick of doing this , and thats why i stop. proactive clears your skin and hides away the acne and and even scars but in order to do that you need alot of mostuirezer that is the x-factor. use proactive as indecated and at night unload the mosturizer on your face , a shit load i mean and do it everyday at night and in about 1 week you will look acne free and yuor scars will hide most of them. but this shit is expensive. but i warm you if you stop you will have gained no progress in stoping acne. the reason i stoped proactive was because i am doing the ALA PDT in about 2 months and i need to product free for about 5 months.

CHECK HOW I DO IT AND YOU WILL BE VERY HAPPY BUT IT ONLY WORKS IF YOU DO IT EVERYDAY AND NIGHT IT WILL NOT HELP YOU PROGRESS IN ANCE STOPING AND IT WILL NOT SET YOU BACK.

YOU WILL NEED THE 5 PIECE KIT WITH THE MOSTURIZER AND DAILY OIL CONTROL

1. USE PRODUCT AS DIRECTED AND GO NOT EASY NOR RUFF WHEN USING THE RENEWING CLEANSER

2. WHEN YOU GET TO THE REPAIRING LOTION APPLY A THIN LAYER AND APPLY A PENNY SIZE DOT ON ACTIVE ACNE AND THOSE SCARS.

3. DO NOT WASH OFF LOTION, APPLE A GREAT SIZE OF MOSTURIZER AND LEAVE ON ALL NIGHT AND TAKE A NAP.

4. TAKE A BATH WITH THE MOSTURIZER IN THE MORING WHEN YOU WAKE UP AND LET WATER RINSE OFF MOST OF IT AND THEN USE THE RENEWING CLEANSER AND CONTINUE THE PRODUCT AS DIRECTED.

5. IN THE MORNING USE THE PRODUCT AS DIRECTED , ONLY USE MY METHOD AT NIGHT AND YOU WILL BE A NEW PERSON

6. BE ADVICED THIS METHOD IS EXPENSIVE AND IT WOULD BE CHEAPER LATER ON TO GO WITH LASERS.

SUGGESTIONS

1. WWW.IGIA.COM -FIND THE COVER UP , THIS MIGHT COVER ACNE SCARS , BIRTH MARKS.

2. WWW.EPIONE.COM - GO TO ACNE SCARS REVISION AND SCARS REVISION THIS PROCEDURE IS A SHIT LOAD OF CASH ABOUT 4,500 A LASER- HIDE THIS SCARS MONSTER FOREVER.