Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KaliforniaKid

Starting Retin-A Micro!

Hey all:

I just received my first supply of Retin-A Micro .1% and will be starting with it tonight! I have mild acne that is mostly small, red dots on my chin and nose area. I have tried Proactiv, ZapZyt, Clearasil, Oxy, and every other over the counter treatment out there. My friend has been using Retin-A Micro and has had great clearing, so I hope it can do the same for me.

Any Retin-A Micro users out there who can clue me in on what to expect early on? I mean, I know what physicians have to say about it, but I'd like to hear from live "patients." Thanks in advance and wish me luck...

Sup bro,ive been on retin a micro .04% since sep 25.

Im not that happy with the results to tell you the truth.

At first my face turned red, i also used retin a in conjuction with the regimen which was probably a bad move on my part. I switched to proactiv after maybe 2 weeks on dans. I may go back..

Anyway, im not sure what retin a micro has done for me, it brought up scars on my face that werent there before. And i can tell you that i have not had any zits on that area of my face (right cheek/jaw area) for at least 3 years. And after using retin a the scars have reappeared. Good luck with it. If i dont notice a greater deal of improvement by the end of december im not going to use retin anymore.

Hey, I'm only on day 5 of Retin A micro .025% and I haven't had an initial break-out and instead I have already started clearing up. I only use it every other night and have a smaller amount than Julian so that might be why I haven't seen redness. Anyway for exactly what I'm doing you can check out the post on Retin A/Moisturizer. Good Luck! biggrin.gif

Ive been using retin-a micro for about 2.5 weeks and personally my skin looks horrible. It gets so red, and tight. the peeling has started to slow down, but the lesions still come. I mostly just break out on my chin area, but they are BIG pimples that just look like welps until they finally create a white head. Any suggestions? Im thinking about calling the derm. back...

She also gave me a benzoyl peroxide wash, with Clyndamicin to use in the morning. Maybe all this stuff is too strong for my sensitive skin AGH!

I've been prescribed Retin -A today and I'm almost afraid to use it. I have active inflamed pimples and I personally think it might make it worse......Oh boy....