Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dreamer_22

Do you ever feel burdened/weighed down by makeup?

Do you ever feel burdened by makeup?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Do you ever feel burdened by makeup?

• Yes
    • No
    • Sometimes

I often feel like makeup is a chore that weighs me down.

I feel I need makeup because:

1. I have acne scars that I don't want anyone to see

2. I have worn makeup for so long that i'm ashamed to let anyone see me without it

3. I feel more attractive with makeup (even just foundation) and I feel others view me that way too

4. I feel more confident with makeup

5. Makeup has become like a safety net for me

6. I like to look my best all the time

Does anyone else feel burdened by makeup? I mean, I feel like my makeup rules me more than I rule it sometimes. I would love to not have to worry about it. I guess I could also put it down to vanity.

yep, every single day. I hate wearing it. But I don't have nice skin. I would love to be the kind of person who could just wash her face, and leave. But, I have scars and large pores. So, makeup is something I feel I need to look and feel good.

I hate how people have perfect skin and wear heavy amounts of make-up. If I had good skin, no red marks and few pimples, I would only wear tinted moisturizer or a light bit of foundation.

There was a time when I DEFINITELY did - but not anymore. I have become very comfortable with my makeup and I apply it in no time flat (5 to 15 minutes depending on where I am going). According to friends, I look better than ever and I can tell you that I feel great in my mmu these days =) No brag here - just the truth of it. I think finding the makeup that really really works for you (mine is Signature Minerals) and taking the time to learn how (you have to take the time to play and see what works) to apply it is the key to it all.

Guest Mumblesorusjen

if i didn't have to wear makeup to make it look like i have perfect skin than i wouldn't, but i do.... ERGH i hate hiding under it

I LOVE makeup and I HATE makeup. I LOVE that it makes me look good, but I HATE having to wear it, if that makes a lick of sense.

I LOVE makeup and I HATE makeup. I LOVE that it makes me look good, but I HATE having to wear it, if that makes a lick of sense.

I hate how people have perfect skin and wear heavy amounts of make-up. If I had good skin, no red marks and few pimples, I would only wear tinted moisturizer or a light bit of foundation.

yes, this girl at my school is consantly dashing to the bathroom to apply concealer over her PERFECT skin...and fixing her INVISIBLE undereye circles...it drives me insane.

i HATE the feel of makeup, i HATE the time it takes to apply, i HATE that it looks caked, i HATE that it won't let my skin really breathe....but i like that it makes me look better.

HI, I feel burdened by the necessity to wear make-up, but I can't really slag off the make-up itself because I'd be lost without it! I wish I could b foundationless but I am actually going to have to wear it for the rest of my days, even if there was ot come a time when I could shake off the dreaded acne. My scars and large, open pores are too shameful to be shown to the world au naturel. I hate the caked on, mask like effect my foundation gives. It actually looks fine, nice even when I've just applied it, but within MINUTES my skin is ab-so-lute-ly saturated with oil. Then the makeup just starts to separate and look all weird, giving me an inhuman quality. I cleanse, tone, moisturise and then finish my foundation off with powder but to no avil.

This affliction has definitely stopped me living life to the full. I've always been constantly worrying about it. I've always wanted to try surfing but I just couldn't be comfortable knowing my terrible condition would b displayed for all to see. I wish I knew how to lighten up.

I've been looking for this meow makeup in the uk, anyone know of any site where I could buy it, or any shop? What is mineral makeup? Do you guys know any foundation that would help the grease-slick that is my face? Thanks :)

I often feel like makeup is a chore that weighs me down.

I feel I need makeup because:

1. I have acne scars that I don't want anyone to see

2. I have worn makeup for so long that i'm ashamed to let anyone see me without it

3. I feel more attractive with makeup (even just foundation) and I feel others view me that way too

4. I feel more confident with makeup

5. Makeup has become like a safety net for me

6. I like to look my best all the time

Does anyone else feel burdened by makeup? I mean, I feel like my makeup rules me more than I rule it sometimes. I would love to not have to worry about it. I guess I could also put it down to vanity.

p.s- anytime I've tried to use a product that promises to keep your skin oil free, such as clinique it just makes my skin really dry under the foundation, and still oily. I think it's so dry because of the Duac once daily gel (Benzol peroxide) I use every night. Can't win!!

It honestly doesnt' make sence to me when I see clear skinned people put on makeup. My friend has come to school before and has been like "OMG, I forgot to put on coverup this morning"!... first of, i'd NEVER be able to forget.. that is the biggest part of my morning is putting on face makeup. 2nd, she looked EXACTLY the same before and after she put on coverup. Also, my friend made me take her makeup shopping to pick her out a medium coverage liquid foundation and setting powder... mind you, this girl has the clearest most gorgeous skin ever. :doubt:

Same here , but if i had clear skin i would only wear a bronzer or a blush and eyemake up and thats it! no foundation and all that crap...but sadly...yeah.

Both for me too.

Makes me look better - at the moment, not "good", as I've broken out from the dry air and wrong moisturizer.

Hate it because I need to wear it, I'm afraid of others noticing it, and not being able to just walk out in the rain, because it might be washed off :wall:

Oh yeah - and because it means I have to get up two hours before I go to school, instead of just one :think:

ditto ditto ditto

I felt burdened and weighed down by makeup for a long time, so i stopped wearing it. The truth is that my acne was so bad that it didn't cover it anyway, in fact it accentuated it and i think also made it worse.

I feel burdened by it. But not really because of my acne.

It has been a lifesaver when it comes to covering my acne and being able to go out and face the world.

But even when I had clear skin, I still felt really ugly without makeup. Its not just about covering zits, its

the blush, the concealer, the eye makeup, the lips. I have dark undereye circles and VERY pale skin and lips

and Ive always just felt I looked dead without makeup. When my skin is clear I dont exactly feel ugly without

it, just kinda plain and not "together".

I hate when I feel I have to wear makeup, like foundation, just to leave the house & feel human. I like it when it is fun & not stressful.

Applying makeup every morning is probably the most time I spend on morning routine.

BUT.

For two days straight, I haven't worn any foundation.

I don't think I really need it unless I want to put it on.

I just put on my blush and shadow/mascara.

Too bad I just bought Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse foundation. It was buy one get one free at Walgreen's, too.

The texture IS SO like a dream. Has not broken me out, yet.

This sounds weird but I often feel like my IQ drops when I wear makeup. Can't explain it. I literally feel like I'm dumber.

ditto ditto ditto