Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What exactly IS the refining mask? I've seen advertisements about stuff that look exactly like the refining mask, and was wondering what it is.

Not sure the function, it dries up something, and then does something, and leaves my skin feeling nice and soft when I'm finished.

the refining mask should be used with the system after the cleanser... it smells like fart because it has 6% sulfur in it, but trust me sulfur is a really effective antibacterial, the proactiv mask also has china clay that absorbs your excess oils so it gets rid of black heads.

Guest Mumblesorusjen

i use it as a spot treatment. works good for that purpose

the refining mask should be used with the system after the cleanser... it smells like fart because it has 6% sulfur in it, but trust me sulfur is a really effective antibacterial, the proactiv mask also has china clay that absorbs your excess oils so it gets rid of black heads.

a refining mask is supposed to improve your skin's texture, and deep clean your pores. after using it i noticed it would temporarily make my pores appear smaller. however i cannot recommend it to you. it contains sulfur!

take this article from wikipedia on the many uses-

"Sulfur is also used in batteries, detergents, the vulcanization of rubber, fungicides, and in the manufacture of phosphate fertilizers. Sulfites are used to bleach paper and as a preservative in wine and dried fruit. Because of its flammable nature, sulfur also finds use in matches, gunpowder, and fireworks. Sodium or ammonium thiosulfate is used as photographic fixing agents. Magnesium sulfate, better known as Epsom salts, can be used as a laxative, a bath additive, an exfoliant, or a magnesium supplement for plants. Sulfur is used as the light-generating medium in the rare lighting fixtures known as sulfur lamps....."

"a refining mask is supposed to improve your skin's texture, and deep clean your pores. after using it i noticed it would temporarily make my pores appear smaller. however i cannot recommend it to you. it contains sulfur!

take this article from wikipedia on the many uses-

"Sulfur is also used in batteries, detergents, the vulcanization of rubber, fungicides, and in the manufacture of phosphate fertilizers. Sulfites are used to bleach paper and as a preservative in wine and dried fruit. Because of its flammable nature, sulfur also finds use in matches, gunpowder, and fireworks. Sodium or ammonium thiosulfate is used as photographic fixing agents. Magnesium sulfate, better known as Epsom salts, can be used as a laxative, a bath additive, an exfoliant, or a magnesium supplement for plants. Sulfur is used as the light-generating medium in the rare lighting fixtures known as sulfur lamps....." "

Don't be daft! Yes, sulfur is used in batteries, but it has been used for years and years for its anti-inflammatory properties on the skin.

yup. sulfer is a factor that does help acne. it reduces the size, redness, and inflamation.

it does work. it works really godd.

This is the Info from the Proactiv Refining Mask Booklet

" Our deep-cleansing mask is formulated with Sulfur, a proven acne-fighting ingredient, to reach deep into the pores where blemishes begin. It removes pore cloging impurities, heals existing blemishes, pampers inflamed skin, and softens and refines the skin's texture"

it works goodd!!