Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pyrate

Life Cycle of a Pimple.

"Pimples gestate for weeks." or "That product i used yesterday made me break out."

Ok, so which is it, is it both, im a tad lost on this one. You hear that pimples you get have been on the way for a week, two weeks, ive even heard 6 weeks. So im wondering, which is it. ? What is the life cycle of a pimple. From inception to it's death. If we can clear this up, then we can set appropriate lengths for trials of products. And hopefully clear some other stuff up too.

A.

"Pimples gestate for weeks." or "That product i used yesterday made me break out."

Ok, so which is it, is it both, im a tad lost on this one. You hear that pimples you get have been on the way for a week, two weeks, ive even heard 6 weeks. So im wondering, which is it. ? What is the life cycle of a pimple. From inception to it's death. If we can clear this up, then we can set appropriate lengths for trials of products. And hopefully clear some other stuff up too.

A.

It all really depends on the person and the cause & type of the pimple. Some can take weeks to come to the surface, while ones caused by irritation can appear immediately.

Here's my experience , note that this is not fact only experience . Any pimple with an actual whitehead will surface , and disappear quicker than one without an actual whitehead for example a papule which could last for months .