Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

honestly..even though i'm through with acne, i have the ugliest red marks that i have had for about 4 months, and they won't budge. i've tried tape methods, neutrogena multi vitamin..everything FAILS.

my skin is disgusting..it's uneven, blotchy, sensitive..and those red marks don't help.

i hate gawping at other people's skin, and i'm sick of spending ages camouflaging myself with pounds of concealer and foundation.

i need help..im giving in sad.gif..i dont wanna leave the house anymore..

i know how u feel

i'm a guy and i have so much marks on my face, it makes me look pretty bad..

i tried alot of stuff, i try wearing different colors of clothing hopeing that it';ll draw attention from my skin, but it doesn't .

the face and body matters alot.

this really sucks.

i'm using neutrogena skin clearning moisturizer and at night BP 2.5

it seems to work really well

I know how you feel also. The red marks are horrible =( I have so many now. Last night my parents had company over at our house, and I didnt want to have to go and run to put my makeup on again, cause I had it on all day. Anyways, I couldn't even look them in the face. They must have thought I was a freak. I feel like no one understands. =( Hopefully they will fade soon.

Tanning in my experience was great "at first", As it dryed up my skin which caused less breakouts, I also tan mega dark and as said.. everyone looks great with a nice glowing tan!

HOWEVER as soon as i stopped using the sunbed's -(live in england) I had a bad breakout, ive also read this in a magazine after..so im figuring its not just my expreience.

So unless your gona bound yourself to the sun it aint worth it, as you'll come off alot worse in the long run.

tanning helps a whole whole lot. it makes most redmarks impossible to see n the rest blend in well. if im pale when i look in mirror i feel like letting noone see me. but after a few times tanning, i look GREAt n i feel like i can get girls still. altho tanning may cause a breakout at some point. it can be prevented. Just always follow a strict regimen likeme. if u want me to give details on how strict i am n what my insane regimen is, i will. i believe u can control the breakout after tanning very sufficiently. sorry for the short reply, typing w/ 1 hand.

I really hate mirrors! and I hate how some make u look good while others make u look like shit! I have a mirror in my house that makes me look good and it is the only 1 I look in, I also don't have any acne atm but I do have alot of red marks! and they have been there 4 about 3-4 months! I put aloe vera on them and it is helping quite a bit I think....

I really hate mirrors! and I hate how some make u look good while others make u look like shit! I have a mirror in my house that makes me look good and it is the only 1 I look in

I know how you all feel, same problem sad.gif You know why one mirro rlooks better, its because of the lighting in that area of your house. Some lights look great. Fluorescent bulbs will show every little scar and red mark and multiply their appearance by 100x. I think alot of clubs use them in either the actual dance area or teh bathrooms. I remember I went to a club last year and I sw myself in teh mirror in teh bathroom and couldnt believe my skin looked so terrible. Like a monster. And I kept trying to hide muyself the whole night, even though it definately wasnts so noticeable for anyone outside that bathroom.

So I always try to see my reflection in different lights to see which one looks better so I can know when I actually go out in a similar light. Morning light is also very disgusting, and especially if its overcast...it kinda magnifies the brightness somehow

When I was in high school I would always check myself in the mirror in the morning and my acne would not look to bad at home. However, there was always something about the lights at school, they would always make it look worse! I delt with that for 4 yours, I think it has made me crazy! ](*,)

The mirrors at my school SUCK too. They cast weird shadows on my face and make it look all droopy and blotchy and horrible. I just stick to looking in my bathroom mirror which has bright, NORMAL lighting that reflects off my skin making my redmarks look almost invisible.

1) dont look in the mirror......thats what i did and mine are going away so fast.

2) who cares what ppl think if they want to judge u by ur face let them go right ahead im sure they're missing out on great friends.

3) i dont tan, never have just dont touch ur face or anything for a week or 2 and u will notice a difference then it just becomes easier and u get happier and happier smile.gif

For some of us we have to look in the mirror. If i have a blotchy area, I have to know that so I can use a cream to get rid of it. And also sometimes it can help you feel better about yourself if you look good for once. I just hate how sporadic bad skin is, one day it can look great tehn the next day its a war zone, fire and blood and guts (lol referring to rash and puss, sounds gross...)

In time there will be a time where things start to get better. That time could be anyday now. It has happened to me. I have found a regimen that is crazy, yet very effective and now im am ussually 100% clear. I feel like a million bucks seriously, and when you have no acne its like you like to look in the mirror. And now that im a 100% clear I actually like to try new hairstyles cuz they never look bad. Although this day may be long off for all of you. A year of clearness to make redmarks gone forever it may be but its well worth it and you just must remember " there is light at the end of the tunnel ". No matter how far it may be. There is a way and for now, just prove to the world and to yourself, that acne will not change your life and you do not care what people think. After time, months maybe, people will start to believe too that even with acne you are a very cool person. It is only when you let it get to your head and start acting antisocial and all that people assume you are just the loser they expected. I can think of a few people who have acne, probably worse than many of yours that have came through.

1) dont look in the mirror......thats what i did and mine are going away so fast.

2) who cares what ppl think if they want to judge u by ur face let them go right ahead im sure they're missing out on great friends.

3) i dont tan, never have just dont touch ur face or anything for a week or 2 and u will notice a difference then it just becomes easier and u get happier and happier smile.gif

yeah stop worrying

people don't give a rats ass about our zits

sure, it may surprise them

then again, after a few days or weeks even, they don't give a damn

actually the don't look, don't touch message is very hard to do but is very effective. Regardless of what treatment regimen you are on...you'll likely improve your skin. The problem is that we touch our faces constantly and unconsciously. Also if you are staring in the mirror the more likely you are to be prodding some zit that would do better left well alone.

I have been following the regimen very successfully and was making an effort to not touch my face and not only was my skin clear but the red marks had completely faded. About 2-3 months ago...I was getting stressed and tired and while I maintained the regimen I slipped back into the old self conscious habbits....and proudly hassled the occasional tiny zit I got into a ferocious one who then bought friends and left marks. I now have marks again and will likely take my 6 months of no-touching to get them to fuck off.

Moral of the story - having acne sucks, being responsible for making it worse sucks more. Find a strategy to circumvent your bad and sometimes unconscious habbits rather than giving in to them.

- use a strong smelling handcream...so you'll remember not to touch your face

- look in the mirror morning and night when you are doing your cleansing and moisturising....but other times ask yourself do I really need to?

- before you get medieval on your skin...remind yourself that you have a 90% chance of making things worse

- if you have your own bathroom and mirror...stick a sign on it telling yourself to "snap out of it"