Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
marais

Bumpy bucolic babe seeks smoothness...

I'm into my second week of my new approach: Gentle cleansing with cetaphil bar (hardly any suds at all), BHAs, and Green Cream level 6 followed with some emu oil. I'm so tired of this on again off again acne. It really took the worst breakout I've ever had to scare me into truly picking out a planned regime and sticking with it. My acne is genetic, my mom had acne and my dad is the oiliest creature that ever was. I'm not too fond of the massive redness that I get with the GC, but it's clearing out my pores so well (so far) that I can deal with it.

OK! hey hey!

Sleep calls for now--

How often are you using the GC? If your skin is red and sore, you need to back off a bit and let things get back to normal .... irritation isn't good for getting rid of acne ....

keep us posted on your progress!

Ok - I've been applying the green cream every night. I guess I'll take a couple nights off...just using emu oil maybe? at least for tonight that's my plan. It's frustrating, I've been seeing some great improvement in my face...I just don't want to be a strawberry from too much and I don't want to have a faceful of zits from not enough! *breathe*

Happy Thursday...(aka the new Friday!)

After giving my skin a little break from the green cream it's considerably less red. My forhead especially was a little dry and uncomfortable and now it's a lot improved. I think I'm going to try leaving out cleansing, or at least cut down from 2x a day to once- at night. So, this morning I'm going to have a bit of a tepid splash followed with my bha and then emu.

One thing about the cleansing is that I'm never sure if I need to wash my face or not after working out. I mean, if I get really sweaty will a rinse really cut it? OR do I need to do more because of bacteria? Do I even need the rinse? hmmm.

I wonder if I should be applying some benzoyl peroxide in the AM on my active areas to keep bacteria from spreading while I'm still working improving skin turnover.

Ok, off to try and figure these dilemmas out and then hit the books...

:)

My face looks so good this morning! I've still got some pimples and I can see some clogged pores around but the redness has really gone down and my existing zits are shrinking. Yesterday I ended up putting BP all over in a thin layer followed by some emu oil. I guess it worked, so I'll do that again today. I also used green cream last night after a two day break. I also got a cute new shorter haircut so I have something to distract me from my face when I look in the mirror, at least for now. :)

Ugh, I'm working hard today on a conference paper....boo! Thank goodness for Oxygen's Snapped series...it's such a great distraction!

One thing about the cleansing is that I'm never sure if I need to wash my face or not after working out. I mean, if I get really sweaty will a rinse really cut it? OR do I need to do more because of bacteria? Do I even need the rinse? hmmm.

I actually think it's more important to wash your face before your work out. Obviously, when you work out you sweat and your sweat will combine with whatever is on your face. You want to sweat clean.

Into the third week on retinoids! My skin is looking really good. I'm holding off on adding the BHAs back in for now and I'm just using the green cream at night. The benzoyl peroxide in the morning seems to be curbing the violence of my pore purging, too. I've kept the Mary Kay products in my regimen and my skin is so soft! My forehead is completely clear with just a few congested comedones and my cheeks are mostly leftover redmarks, very few active pimples. I've got one little weird bump that almost seems like half whitehead, half cyst. Maybe like a cyst trying to purge? It feels deep and is sore to the touch but it has almost come to a head so I don't know what its deal is.

Overall: feeling good

It sounds like you're doing well! I wish that Green Cream were made in Canada, too. I hate paying for shipping and customs. I'd love to try it.

Around my third week of retinoids, I got those same kind of weird bumps and in areas where I never break out! I found that I had to wait for them to come to the surface because if I tried to deal with them, there really wasn't anything there, and it just got irritated and inflamed. I had those only during the initial break-out period: never before and never since.

Cam >B)

Into the third week on retinoids! My skin is looking really good. I'm holding off on adding the BHAs back in for now and I'm just using the green cream at night. The benzoyl peroxide in the morning seems to be curbing the violence of my pore purging, too. I've kept the Mary Kay products in my regimen and my skin is so soft! My forehead is completely clear with just a few congested comedones and my cheeks are mostly leftover redmarks, very few active pimples. I've got one little weird bump that almost seems like half whitehead, half cyst. Maybe like a cyst trying to purge? It feels deep and is sore to the touch but it has almost come to a head so I don't know what its deal is.

Overall: feeling good

Just finished my third week of this regimen. My skin is looking pretty good. I'm still purging, but its not that bad. I had a recent bout with massive dryness and flakes so I left the benzoyl peroxide off for a day. I am a little red but feeling good again.