Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I am soo excited right now. I finally had my dermatologist appt. today, and got registered. Woohoo! Now I just have to wait for my password. In 26 days I'm going in for my 12hr fasting blood test and pregnancy test, and in 30 days I can pick up my prescription. I can't wait to start my very own Accutane log, LOL!

That's great! I'm going in tomorrow to get registered for iPledge (I was in two weeks ago to ask for Accutane and was planning on signing up then, but he said something about them liking women starting on their periods or something stupid so I paid $36 for him to tell me that, what a waste!!). So I go in tomorrow to get everything done, I'm doing my blood test afterwards so I gotta remember not to eat anything after 10:00 tonight. Whew, I'm excited, but I'm really nervous too because I don't want to end up one of those horror stories, you know? *fingers crossed*

That's great! I'm going in tomorrow to get registered for iPledge (I was in two weeks ago to ask for Accutane and was planning on signing up then, but he said something about them liking women starting on their periods or something stupid so I paid $36 for him to tell me that, what a waste!!). So I go in tomorrow to get everything done, I'm doing my blood test afterwards so I gotta remember not to eat anything after 10:00 tonight. Whew, I'm excited, but I'm really nervous too because I don't want to end up one of those horror stories, you know? *fingers crossed*

Thanks, I just got back from my appointment (which somehow cost me $49 this time instead of $36 :wacko:) and he said he's going to register me and everything and what's weird is I don't think he knows what he's doing entirely. I asked him about my first blood test, he said that "they" changed it since the last time he prescribed Accutane and that he doesn't think it's necessary right away (during the 30 day wait) so he's just gonna tell the ipledge site i'm not pregnant...so, um...good for me I guess since I don't have to pay out of pocket for another test, but it just makes me wonder if he's on top of things. I go back in four weeks, at which time I will get my FIRST bloodtest and be prescribed accutane as soon as the results come back and show I'm cleared with the whole pregnancy/liver function thing. Kind of odd. I also asked him when I fill out those little questions for iPledge and he said that they don't do that anymore. ???? Everyone here is doing it!! Ah, I'm confused. And he didn't even bother to ask me what birth control methods I'm going to use. Did iPledge suddenly change everything or is my doctor in the dark? I don't have any other options for dermatologists in my area, so it's not like I can switch. I'm so mixed up now!!!

Well, here its a 3 month waiting list for just a consultation. 1 month down 2 more to go. My acnes not bad im just fed up with it.

I BETTER GET ITTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!! TETRACYCLINE DOES FUCK ALL!

It's only going to be 2 1/2 weeks for me from first call to the derm's office to starting the 'tane. If I were a woman, I'd probably just order my prescription online.

It's only going to be 2 1/2 weeks for me from first call to the derm's office to starting the 'tane. If I were a woman, I'd probably just order my prescription online.

Foxy..WHOA it doesn't really sound like your doc has his act together. Did he give you the IPledge book? (It's mandatory because it has 2 forms inside that have to be signed). Also, MAKE SURE he knows exactly what your 2 forms of BC are. On the day you get the prescription, you have to take a little quiz at the Dr.s office from Ipledge. It is online. You and your doctor have to SEPARATELY answer what your 2 forms of BC will be. If your answers are different you cannot pick up your prescription.

Damnit, that sucks!!! Grrrrr. Well, if he registered me for iPledge then I should be getting a paper in the mail soon with my username and pass, right? Yes, I did get the yellow notebook and signed the forms and all, but he never asked me my 2 BC forms. What should I do? Should I call him and ask if he registered me, and if so, what did he put for my 2 BC forms? He acts like this is the first time he's prescribed Accutane, and he's an old guy!