Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
eric_in_va

first smoothbeam treatment

I just completed my first smoothbeam treatment from Dr. Dima Ali in Reston, VA, and I must say it was a complete success. There was definitely pain, but I sould have applied the numbing cream a half an hour earlier and it was certainly bearable. My next treatment will be in 4 weeks and I'm excited to see the results slowly fade in. She trained under Dr. Tina Alster from Washington, DC who basically wrote the book on laser treatments, and Dr. Ali herself teaches many doctors how to most effectively use the smoothbeam laser. The cost reflects her immense experience and skill with this laser, but if definitely worth it considering the risks involved if you cannot properly control the settings and cryogen levels. Red marks were very visible following the treatment but she applied a special lotion and ice packs which helped cool down my face and the red marks faded within an hour of treatment.

I have residual acne after three courses of accutane and every antibiotic/topical combination every imagined, as well as some moderate scarring. Dr. Ali assured me the results would be fantastic, and the pictures I saw of her others patients were more than encouraging.

If anyone is in the Washington, DC metro area, I highly suggest Dr. Ali who is located at the Austin-Westen center for Plastic Surgery. Let me know if anyone has any more questions and I hope to post some pics in the next couple months and treatments progress.

Hey Eric, I'm also in the NOVA area and I am very interested in having this done. I had a consultation with Dr. Tanzi (works with Dr. Alster) last week. She sounded very promising, however, 3 treatments were $5K not to mention $175 consultation fee. There is no way I can afford this. How much does Dr. Ali charge for the whole face? I found a Dr. in Fredericksburg area (Dr. Terri Morris) that charges $300 but I don't want someone that is inexperienced (can't afford blisters and other side effects.) Thanks for your help and good luck with your treatments!

Hey Eric, I'm also in the NOVA area and I am very interested in having this done.  I had a consultation with Dr. Tanzi (works with Dr. Alster) last week.  She sounded very promising, however, 3 treatments were $5K not to mention $175 consultation fee.  There is no way I can afford this.  How much does Dr. Ali charge for the whole face?  I found a Dr. in Fredericksburg area (Dr. Terri Morris) that charges $300 but I don't want someone that is inexperienced (can't afford blisters and other side effects.)   Thanks for your help and good luck with your treatments!

yeah, tell me about it. I was in shock when they handed me the price sheet. I wasted $175! I should have asked about their prices on the phone before consultation! ](*,)

Dr. Ali does not charge nearly the same as Dr. Tanzi, but I'm sure she is just as skilled. Try going in for a consultation, it will probally be free b/c she is committed to treating and helping her patients.

She highly suggested that all her patients recieve 5 treatments, because this results in nearly 100% clearing of acne; she had seen many patients who recieved 3 treatments and cleared up but then the acne came back. Also in terms of the price difference: I considering going to doctors in Fredricksburg and Annapolis because they were definitely cheaper: but you get what you pay for, and you have to pay for experience. I wouldn't trust my face with someone who "kind of" knows how to use the laser: the results may not be complete or there may be terrible side effects. This laser, if used correctly, is unlike any other acne treatment available, and the results are astounding.

i am unable to find the exact address of Dr Ali 'so ffice. can anyone tell me that? How much is he or she charging for 1 smoothbeam treatment? I live in wheaton ,MD

Dr. Ali's address is as follows:

WellMedica Anti-Aging and Wellness Center

1825 Samuel Morse Drive

Reston, Virginia 20190

www.austin-weston.com

Eric, thanks for the info. I am in a dilema here. I don't know whether I should go for the significant reduction in price or experience. Can you tell me exactly how much she is charging you. Niko went to Dr. Ali as well and he had remarkable results. He said it can average 3k to 5k for 5 treatments. I just don't want to pay all that amount and not see any improvement. How many pictures did Dr. Ali show you and what setting did she start you on?

Dr. Dima Ali is located at the Austin-Western center. Her website is rather hard to find.

Sorry I should have given you this website instead.

www.wellmedica.com

Reston is about 20 min. outside of DC. I'm going to call tomorrow about the cost of smoothbeam. I'll keep you posted.

http://www.dabaltimore.com/treatments/main.html ( his web site )

Actually Dr Wesis and his wife are also as renowned in laser surgeries. He and his wife worked in baltimore and have been teaching laser at john hokin's university for many years.. I know one person on the forum who reported excellent result with 1 treatment. he did 250 zaps for 350 usd which ic considered a bit higher than the market price. again . u have to pay for experience. so if in case Dr ali is charging way too much , u can try him . he does subcision for 500 usd for A PART( not sure how big he considers a part as ) and 150 usf for a test spot . my AIM is Okyeung . Please add me or u can tell me yours , let me add you . It's better to get to chat online and exchange first hand information about experienced dermatologists around MD area. Thank you

You will see amazing results, she said basically your skin will look like a baby's butt by the end of treatment, with minimal use of mild topical meds for any acne left over. She charges for her experience, but you need to discuss that with her.

the website is www.wellmedica.com

she started me on setting 12 i believe, but she tests out the area and raises or lowers it depending on how your skins reacts. also i was on retin-a and she said i should stop using it 3 dayd beforehand to allow a higher setting and decreased sensitivity.