Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nate7357

Long term regimen user.. I need advice i have mild acne

Hello i think i might have posted this in the wrong forum but i will just repost here because it probably belongs here. thanks.

Hello. I have been on Dan's regimen for 3+ years 18-21. I started the regimen because i had these red bumps (not zits) scattered around my forehead. I had no acne/bumps on any other areas on my face except my forehead. It was driving me crazy. I tried so many different face washes but none worked. Then i found Dan's regimen while researching the topic (acne). The regimen has been a success for me during its course if i would apply its contents TWICE a day. if i did once a day the bumps would come back. So, Lets fastfoward to now 3 years later

I have decided to quit the regimen for various reasons. Currently i have been off the regimen since Feburary 5th, 3 weeks time. The reasons why i have decided to quit dans regimen and i will never go back to using it again are: *(this is my own opinion, Dan's regimen has worked well for me.. i am in no way bashing his regimen i just want to try something new) :

1. I hated having to rely on BP to clear up my skin, i felt that i would have to be using BP all my life (or till i grow out of acne) to stay clear and that was a scary though to me.

2. I was never COMPLETELY clear. The BP/and moisturizer always made my skin look really blotchy and greasy and i was never really satisfied with the results.

3. The Regimen is so time consuming i feel like it disrupts my lifestyle (morning and night)

4. One of the main reason which caused me to stop the regimen is the long term use of BP might be cancerous/and or aging and possibly destroy my skin !. I always felt scared of applying BP to my skin twice a day and I'm happy i stopped using it.i feel much better.

Now that you know why i have stopped the regimen i need peoples advice on what to do next, in the future.

Right now the current condition of my skin is back to the way it was 3 years ago but to a lesser degree. The first two weeks that i stopped the regiment i was clear, but the last week the bumps started to come back sad.gif I think the problem is clogged pores. Its a VERY minor acne problem and i feel BP is not needed for my condition . I have researched a little last night and i was reading about AHA and how it might help my condition. The product I'm looking at is: "Alpha Hydrox AHA Souffle 12% Glycolic AHA" it has gotten rave reviews on drugstore.com so i just ordered it and might give it a try. The second choice is salicylic acid. Most of my friends my age who have clear skin use a cleanser and a moisturizer containing salicylic acid, and they are 100% clear. The product I'm looking at for a salicylic acid moisturizer is: "Neutrogena Oil-Free Anti-Acne Moisturizer" I have NEVER used neither AHA or salicylic acid on my skin and i have no idea how my skin will react. I have booth of these products coming in the mail and i don't know which one to try first. So now i have 2 choices on what regimen to try next

1: Option 1 - Dan's Face wash, AHA cream, moisturizer x2 morning and evening

2:Option 2 - Dans, Face wash, Neutrogena Oil-Free Anti-Acne Moisturizer x2 morning and evening.

Any comment or suggestion is much appreciated here i would love to hear everyones opinions if i am doing the right thing or not, and which products i should or should not use. Thanks !

if you have clogged pores....you need a good cleanser and a mild exfoliation

baking soda (cleanses and mildly exfoliates at the same time) is what i would try if i was in your position

just get an empty soap bottle and fill some baking soda in it with water and voila you got your cleanser and exfoliator in one

If you dont want to try that , I recommend Neutrogena for Men Face Clearing Wash. It has 1% salicylic acid in it and comes in a nice mature

"for men" bottle, so you don't feel like a little kid trying to get rid of acne and but instead feel like a man thats trying to maintain healthy skin. I found it a few months ago in my friends bathroom so i bought some, tried it out and i love it. I still use the baking soda every once in a while to clean the skin from dead cells.

Thanks toxic I'm gonna go run to Walgreen's and pick up that cleanser,,, I'm glad it works for you. Ill let you know how it goes :)