Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bobjr

Is surfing this forum counter-productive?

I was just wondering whether surfing through this forum is an unhealthy activity-- people do, after all, come here and run through their laundry list of symptoms which may or may not be caused by accutane. I kind of get the feeling that sitting here and reading peoples concerns will only make me paranoid... that said there is a lot of good info and practical advice here... anyway, just a though.

of course it is counter-productive, but it is pretty fun to be honest. lol

ner, seriously, it is pretty good in places, be carefull some people have no idea at all what that are on about,

but some really do, and if you are like me and have a clueless Derm, that wont talk to me about much then it is nice to have comfort.

Will

Definatelty counter productive, im approaching the last few days of 5 month course and I havnt visited the forum for over a couple of weeks and that has coincided with me feeling brighter within myself. Accutane has definately worked well but the facial redness and remaining marks have made e very self concious. Obviously the fact im approachig the end of my course is the main reason im feeling brighter.

Nonetheless, when i was at the earlier stages of my course I often came on to this forum and just found myself getting worried and depressed by stories (that are obviously a minority of all accutance takers in the world) of relapse and other long term effects. I believe getting away from this forum is greatly benificial in letting one getting on with their life again. (but I have got some decent advice from the site lol)

I can't say that it is. Already I've read some great topics about increasing absorption of the drug and relieving side effects. Both very important things to know while on the drug. Taking it is a leap of faith; I know it might not work, but I just have to try it at least once. Reading one or one hundred horror stories won't change that.

Depends how you use the topics and forums in my opinion mate. If you are just cruising through looking for a decent read and some background info then it's a very mixed blessing. You get some great advice and tips with dealing with stuff, but you also get horror stories and long term problems too so it is mixed in that sense...

However, it is great once you are on the drug, it's hard to explain how I feel but it makes you a part of something where you know others are in the same boat if you get me. Like not everyone in your family is on roaccutane, or your girlfriend or mates, however on here everyone is or has been. With that in mind you can talk to people who know what you are going through, or who are going through it with you, and share your tips, triumphs and disasters, your good days and your bad days and your feelings and sideffects (if any). It sounds pretty cheesy I know but it's really helpful.

If you have a particular question or feeling or want advice you can start a thread and people who have been there before or are there now give you some great advice on stuff. After a while, you start to find you can give advice on stuff back, and you get a good feeling for helping someone.

I don't know, that is just what I believe, I guess it depends what type of person you are!!

The Taff