Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NewAge

Products to Avoid While on Accutane

I don't know if this has been done before, but let's try to compile a list of products to avoid while taking Accutane.

Is it okay to use Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion at night before going to bed? I'm wondering if any of the ingredients will counter-affect with the Accutane.

Will BP deteriorate the absorption of Accutane?

I wash my face with Aveeno Clear Skin for acne skin with SA. It has been wonderful to me. I also been able to put green cream on level 3 and then cetaphil cream at night. Morning is aveeno soap, then cetaphil.

You'll never be able to have a thread that really lists what should be avoided, because individual response to isotretinoin varies so widely that there will always be someone posting that they did (insert ill-advised action like using BP, SA, retinoids, having waxing done, tanning, whatever) and they were fine. You have to try to judge your own sensitivity and consider your dosage and how far into the course you are in order to make those kinds of decisions, or default to your derms's advise, or the medication insert's.