Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NdnRomeo

Craziest thing you've done for acne?

Name some crazy things you've done for acne, whether it be something that worked, or didn't. Even if it works, it may be crazy for some reason :).

I remember, I once used to apply those tanning lotions that bronze you on my nose, just because I had blemishes on my nose. Boy was that an awful thing to do!

Also, overdosing on vitamins (a,b complex, c,d,e) that was a bad idea :(.

I also remember trying to apply rubbing alcohol on zits, and keeping toner on the zit pressed, which led to a burn mark

Also toothpaste, I kept it on all night and suffered DEEP drying, I could feel it go down to my skin, really far down. I had to use vaseline to get back the moisture. Crazy.

What about you?

I used proactiv! That was crazy LOL Thats about the only crazy thing I can think of from the top of my head right now but when I think of other things I will add them here later

I used a snake bite plunger on a huge blackhead on my nose. Not surprisingly, it turned into a cyst. :doh:

i made a mix of petroleum jelly and baking soda. my face was red as a beet for 3 days. every one kept asking me if i had an allergic reation :redface:

Back when I was a teenager, I smeared raw egg on my face for a month strait cause someone said it would clear me up.

Did Nuthin. Was disgusting. Nuff Said.

I used a snake bite plunger on a huge blackhead on my nose. Not surprisingly, it turned into a cyst. :doh:

Back when I was a teenager, I smeared raw egg on my face for a month strait cause someone said it would clear me up.

Did Nuthin. Was disgusting. Nuff Said.

lord, i've done some stupid shit in vain attempts to 'help' my skin.

i covered my face in nail polish remover once.. felt like a good idea at the time. 1 minute later... IT BURNS IT BURRRRNNNNSSS IT FUCKING BURNSS!!!

rubbing bananas all over my face.. eek.

oh and before i had 'proper' makeup i'd rub talcom powder on my face to try and cover it up. don't know how i ended up going out like that, i must've looked like as white as a ghost.. still, i was happier then than now strangely.

how young and naive i was.. :doubt:

I wouldn't say the things i've done were crazy, but I did try a lot of topical creams and lotions (designed for acne) that are on the market.....most of them did more harm than good (particularly Proactiv, evil evil Proactiv)

I wish i'd known about my current skin care routine (see my sig) years ago. I feel so stupid for wasting so much money on crap.

Proactiv, that stuff gave me permanent little lines between my eyebrows and nose. Also it made my skin horrible, not break out, but the texture is crap now. My redmarks take forever to fade, after I've popped a pimple it goes away but this shiny dry little patch forms where the pimple was and takes forever to go away. I really feel like suing the pants off that company.

Funny thing is my friend want to get some for her one pimple. :rolleyes:

Also I applied tooth paste, which is recommended on any acne type thing you find. It's in tons of magazines and stuff so I thought it would be good. Luckily it didn't murder my face.

Oh and I applied witch hazel as a toner cause my aunt said is was good.

cum on face

Do not try it

Disgusting :sick:

Did not work

Proactiv, that stuff gave me permanent little lines between my eyebrows and nose. Also it made my skin horrible, not break out, but the texture is crap now. My redmarks take forever to fade, after I've popped a pimple it goes away but this shiny dry little patch forms where the pimple was and takes forever to go away. I really feel like suing the pants off that company.

Son of a bitch, proactiv did that to me too (the lines in between my eyebrows. NOT COOL.

Hm lets see: I used isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol on my face before, tried the toothpaste spot treatment, cinammon (dont ask), tried "buffing" my poor face w/ a washcloth, GOD what horrible things I've done. No wonder my skin hates me :lol:

Oh and I tried the lemon water toner, and witch hazel, neither of which did squat besides burn a bunch. The lemon was more for getting rid of my freckles though. Ah, the things we do to be beautiful hehe

both ;)

^I know, aren't I gross out of my desperation for a clear face?