Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jande

Do you think people with acne are beautiful?

My partner tells me that he thinks I'm beatiful :D I can tell by the look on his face that he means it :D But from personal experience, when I've had very bad acne people have treated me completly different to when I didn't suffer from it. Made it all the worse when my acne came back. Depends on the indiviuals opinons and how shallow they are I guess...

After much whining and crying about acne, I realized not so long ago that it's okay to have acne (to some degree). Now that I'm in college, there are so many people who are still beautiful (and not realize it) although they have acne.

people who have or had acne tend to be deeper, and look past visual flaws into the person inside. those w/o acne tend to be more shallow, but there definitely are exceptions too

Do you think that it's ok if you're just nice like ugly betty or bridget jones that it's ok, even though you have to live your life with acne?

hollywood is bullshit in its representations of "real life." just look at reality shows. anyways fuck ugly betty and fuck bridget jones if they're supposed to have a real moral weight. in my opinion they're great entertainment and i enjoy them but these women AREN'T ugly

Guest Mankind

Of course people can be beautiful with acne. Some of my girlfriends had mild acne and they were still great looking. Look at celebrities like Brad Pitt or Keira Knightley, they are arguably some of best looking people in world although I agree with one earlier post that theirs is usually masked by make-up or lighting, etc.

Some people who are dead ugly have no acne or good skin. Even those that are beautiful with seemingly flawless skin may have other problems, ie. psychological or have other skin problems at some time in their lives like eczema, thrush, jock itch, etc.

The condition itself isn't very appealing (mainly because I hate it on my skin) and I wouldn't find a large red spot sexy in itself if you get what I'm saying but I hate superficial people and if attractive or just good natured girl with acne asked me out I would never turn her down just because of her skin even if I had acne or not.

I think i shouldve stayed away from this board.Some people saying if you have acne you arent beautiful/pretty.

But i can look past acne a lot.I know of this really great guy at school;great personality etc but pretty bad acne.A lot of people joke around about it and say he should get proactive, its horrible how some people can treat other people with acne like shit

Guest Mankind
I think i shouldve stayed away from this board.Some people saying if you have acne you arent beautiful/pretty.

But i can look past acne a lot.I know of this really great guy at school;great personality etc but pretty bad acne.A lot of people joke around about it and say he should get proactive, its horrible how some people can treat other people with acne like shit

Yeah that sucks. People with acne are still fucking HUMAN BEINGS and some with no skin problems (or no brain, lol) seem to think they can treat them like pieces of crap! Maybe people should just mind their own business and concentrate on their own lives/work instead of ridiculing others.

Anyone that says you aren't beautiful because of acne is superficial ass-clown.

I think we all care about acne, otherwise we wouldn't be on this board. Some people have nice legs and it gives them pride, even wrinkly people.

I don't think that people should stop caring, just because one day they will die.

I think that someone who has a flaw, but otherwise takes care of the themselves can still be beautiful.

I don't think anyone is hypocritial or superficial if they care about acne. Even if they don't like it, because lots of people here with or without acne care about it even such that when they get it they won't go outside.

If you look at for instance human evolution, in order to survive our ancestors were instinctively repulsed by those with diseases etc, to deny that those instincts may have been passed on, or to say someone is superficial or hypocritical because they think that, is to ignore the overwhelming evidence.

For instance Media personalities whose acne is always disguised in TV shows, movies and pictures. When shots are taken of them with acne they are not smiling and they often have hats or other items to cover themselves.

Thousands of people trying and buying acne creams to get rid of the acne.

If only hypocritical or superficial people were buying this stuff then that wouldn't make any sense. I'm sure that this is more of a normal pattern of human behaviour rather than an abnormal pattern.

It sounds totally weird that ugly can be beautiful, but in certain cases it can.

If someone thinks acne is ugly I'd rather they say it straight out (thanks Jordan19) than pretend otherwise and I wouldn't think in anyway that they were either hypocritical or superficial.

I don't care if a girl has acne or not. But I'll be honest...I wouldn't date a girl who has SEVERE acne with a bunch of cysts that are huge. I don't care if it's some smaller acne or anything though.

I read this post the other day but I decided to respond today cause I just started a new job today and there's aguy there my age, mid 20s, and anyway he has noticable acne and scars but I think he is really really good looking. It's weird cause I'm getting my period and I had a little breakout, only 3 small spots but I didn't even want to leave the house today! I'm glad I did cause I love the new job and meeting this guy really opened my eyes and made me realize I probably don't look as bad as I think! There is also a woman at my job in her 30s with acne and scarring which is really noticable and I don't think she looks awful either, she has a nice haircut and her acne isn't the only thing you notice. Even before I had acne there was a guy I really liked and he had acne! I thought he was the hottest guy around, even hotter than any clear skinned guy i knew.

After watching ugly betty and bridget jones diary, not that they have acne, but that something like a slightly overweight person, someone with a bit too much facial hair or that gave me the thought that someone with acne could be considered beautiful

That proves a point I have made billion of times

Bridjet Jones is indeed attractive

What makes her attractive is her CHARISMA

In other words not only charisma enphasizes the good aestethical traits but also turns otherwise bland or unattractive features into attractive and fascinating ones

The better example is smiling.

The same person's attractiveness changes a lot according to whether she smiles or frowns a lot

Physical features are just NEUTRAL

The only reason we find certain features better than others is because we attach emotional content to what we see. It's only when we link the physical features to the body language, attitude, self-confidence, face expressions, tone of voice ... in one word: CHARISMA that we start to see attractiveness

Only that this happens subconsciously so unless one make the conscious effort to observe it happening he or she isn't too much aware of it. The problem with superficiality (in this instance not recognizing attractiveness and beauty as multi-factorial) is that leads so many people to miss the forest for the trees. And I'm especially referring to their therefore illogical arguments about attractiveness and beauty

If you look and research deep enough the topic, starting from when the concept of beauty and attractiveness began ... you'll see that we have it backward. It's not beauty and fascine that makes us self-confident, competent, capable, trusty, sensitive, friendly. It's being self-confident, competent, capable, trusty, sensitive and friendly that makes us beautiful

That reminds me of the argument that speed is stronger muscle effort

False! Strongle muscle effort just lead to co-contraction and hence decrease speed

True speed come from quick contraction and release and from effortless movements

Real speed is efficient release

Real beauty is efficient charisma

What is Beauty

What is Beauty 2?

Popularity is highly dependent on look

Popularity is highly dependent on look 2

Just a Reminder

Do you find guys with acne unactractive?

After watching ugly betty and bridget jones diary, not that they have acne, but that something like a slightly overweight person, someone with a bit too much facial hair or that gave me the thought that someone with acne could be considered beautiful.

I'm not saying let yourself go, but that if you had acne that some people could think that you are beautiful the way you are.

I don't mean being attracted to someone specifially because they have acne (although there may be someone out there), but being attracted to someone when they have acne. Not overlooking the acne, but seeing that they have acne and thinking that the person is beautiful. I'm sure that alot of people with acne have a loved one.

Do you think that it's ok if you're just nice like ugly betty or bridget jones that it's ok, even though you have to live your life with acne?

Then again if it were as simple as all that there wouldn't be a forum like this.

So I'm trying to get away from the thinking that acne is ugly in general.

Does anyone think that acne is beautiful?

Is there anyone out there like a celebrity who we all love that has acne, not to acne bash them, but to say that they are beautiful even when they have acne?

I think that a LOT of people who have acne are beautiful. Acne is only pimples that go away and can be covered up (unless you're a guy, sorry guys) but there are soooooo many things that could be wrong with a person that are much worse then acne! They could be obese, they could have a lot of deep wrinkles. I have moderate acne which I HATE but my boyfriend of 3 years rolls his eyes whenever I bring it up and says I'm beautiful. I think a lot of people on this site could be considered good looking even though they have acne. A man who doesn't want to be with a woman because of a few zits is shallow and not worth anyone's time. I know Cameron Diaz has acne and I think she's beautiful. She looks awesome for her age!

ChaosNightWolf there are people who dont have acne that are butt ugly. There is more to how beautiful or ugly a person looks than whether they have acne or not. It depends on your facial features

That's true about facial features. Someone who has gorgeous facial features and a few zits is by far not ugly, still beautiful.

Guest Mumblesorusjen

i have some minor acne & honestly i'm not that ugly... but there will be someday when i feel so ugly that i don't wanna go out of the house

My boyfriend has a little bit of acne as well

& i still love him and think he is the cutest

I agree with what people were saying about features

people without acne can be unattractive because they don't have the best features

& people with acne can have great facial features but have a little problem with their skin

I guess it all depends on the person

beauty is in the eye of the beholder

Anyone can be beautiful, it all depends on who is looking at them I guess...

So, yes I think that people can be beautiful with acne as well, (as long as the inside is as good or better than the outside)

It would depend on the severity of the acne and the rest of your features. Keira Knightly has good bone structure, so she can get away with more flaws like acne. But I am talking strictly about physical beauty. You can always have inner beauty however. But the two are different.

Briget Jones was attractive because she was played by an attractive movie star and was a bit overweight (not even, she was just normal sized for most women, but that's another issue), not grossly overweight. They did not get, say, Roseanne at her heaviest to play her for a reason. Or a very, very plain looking woman. And I know many, many people that find Renee completely lacking in charisma and annoying. Haha!

Someone with a bad attitude but with perfect bone structure and a tight toned body is going to be considered attractive physically. People will say "what a bitch!" but they'll still think she's hot. Whereas an obese person covered in cystic acne but with a sweet personality is not going to be considered hot, unless to people with a specific fetish for that.

Doesn't matter how much the obese person smiles, they won't be as attractive physically. They can be charming, but that does not mean people will find them more attractive physically. It's really about looking healthy. Obesity is not healthy, acne is not a sign of glowing health. If you have your teeth rotted out by meth but are smiling, are you more attractive than someone with teeth who isn't? No. Healthy=fertile. We are attracted to this as we see the other person as a desirable mate.

Yes, it's superficial. But I assume you are talking about physical beauty which is...superficial.

If you mean inner beauty, yes absolutely. And inner beauty can affect outer beauty, but only to a certain extent. There is a separation between the two.

Im not handsome and I have post-acne bumps....but honestly there are people who are more disabled out there who get married etc....I guess it comes down to finding others who have been through the same as yourself. Then you know that you won't be rejected cruelly or looked down upon. There are dating sites for all other types of handicaps, why isn't there be a dating site for acne/scar sufferers?

BTW society is much worse these days. Mum reckons back in her day people didn't really give a sh*t about skin type etc, the only real "UG' factor was whether or not you were overweight.