Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bobjr

Taking accutane with food

Is it better to

A. take accutane spaced roughly 12 hours apart, twice a day, and have a small amount of some fatty food with it, such as a scoop of peanut butter

or

B. take the accutane with your biggest meals of the day (more food/fat) but maybe only have the doses spaced out 7 or so hours?

I've used the first strategy for the last month, but am now switching to the second...

Option B is advised, but I'd try to spread out the time between each pill as much as possible. I take two pills a day as well - one with breakfast and another with dinner.

Is it better to

A. take accutane spaced roughly 12 hours apart, twice a day, and have a small amount of some fatty food with it, such as a scoop of peanut butter

or

B. take the accutane with your biggest meals of the day (more food/fat) but maybe only have the doses spaced out 7 or so hours?

I've used the first strategy for the last month, but am now switching to the second...

I just wanted to let you guys know that I have noticed a significant change since I started taking the drug with my biggest meals (I made this conscious switch within the last two weeks). I am noticing more drying on the face, but also significant clearing! Anyway, just fyi...