Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Amandas_Jewels

It makes sense to me now!

Okay I was reading an article about Monounsaturated fats and Polyunsaturated fats and then my recent craving of mixed nuts popped into my mind like DUH!

So then, I think back to an earlier article I read today about Blueberries, and the fact that I am always craving them.

I guess what im trying to say is that I have been craving Blueberries and Mixed Nuts (Walnuts in particular) because my body is trying to tell me that I need them!

My body is trying to tell me that I need more Good Oils found in Nuts and Blueberries to help my problem skin.

I know this sounds like a totally ridiculous statement, but it's true and I have the facts to prove it!

Olive oil, Walnuts, Primrose oil, Flaxseed Oil, Omega 3,6,9 complexes, all things we as humans can use to supplment our bodies with the good oils that are skin NEEDS.

* Blueberries are a good blood cleanser. They are also good for constipation and various skin disorders – eczema, acne, psoraisis. *

Blueberries: These little blue jewels may contain more antioxidants than any other fruit or vegetable. The most powerful health-promoting compounds in blueberries are anthocyanins, phytochemicals that belong to the flavonoid family. Besides combatting the free-radical damage linked to heart disease and cancer, anthocyanins may boost brainpower—at least in rats. When fed blueberry extract for nine weeks, elderly rats outperformed a control group at such tasks as navigating mazes and balancing on rotating logs. And when aging rats ate a blueberry-enriched diet for four months, they performed as well in memory tests as younger rats. Another blueberry benefit: like cranberries, they seem to fight off urinary-tract infections by preventing E. coli bacteria from adhering to the bladder wall. ALL OF THE ANTIOXIDANTS IN BLUEBERRIES ARE GREAT FOR YOUR SKIN

My current skin condition: Acne, Eczema.

My supplements: NO MULTI VITAMINS. NO PRIMROSE OIL. NO OMEGA COMPLEX.

My Diet: AM NOT EATING BLUEBERRIES AND MIXED NUTS ALL THE TIME LIKE MY BODY IS TRYING TO TELL ME TO!

This just goes to show everyone that our bodies really do crave what we NEED!

I agree. ^_^ I always crave things that I need. Usually, this happens with carbs (I'm doing high-fat low-carb diet), during which I eat a grapefruit. What was originally a craving for chocolate cake disappeared; I didn't need the chocolate cake, just carbohydrates, which can come from eslewhere. Sometimes it happens with olive oil (I get insane and pour like 5 tablespoons into my veges), but I feel much better afterwards.

Blueberries: These little blue jewels may contain more antioxidants than any other fruit or vegetable.

umm i dont agree with this, your body is craving for something, and thats anything you put in front of you i mean you can survive off of anything but to what degree?

nuts are all omega 6

i would stay far away from them personally.

if you started to snort cocaine your body would actually start to crave that too

doesnt mean its good for you tho, just something to think about.

I eat loads of different nuts and as long as taken in moderation they are great for you and a great subsitute for snacking on sugary foods. I also take omega 3 supplements

Hmm...maybe youre on to something, although I crave mass amounts of chocolate/salt during PMS and that has nothing to do with my body craving what it NEEDS, so this is hard to dissect.

Also, I was a bad bad girl last night and totally ate a TON of peanuts. DOH :doh:

nuts are all omega 6

Not true.

Walnuts contain 91% of your daily Omega 3 content in just .25 cups.

The more you know

nuts are all omega 6

Not true.

Walnuts contain 91% of your daily Omega 3 content in just .25 cups.

The more you know

Well, walnuts are one of the few nuts without a beyond horrible omega-6:omega-3 ratio. I think nuts in themselves are healthy for also their other nutrients beyond just omega-6s. However, if you load up on nuts you better also load up on omega-3 foods/supplements. The ratio is the important part, google it or pretty much just read any of AutonomousOne's other posts!

So Walnuts are one of the best nuts to eat as far as Omega 3 goes? This is very interesting. Do you think this could because I get alot of Omega 6 from other sources that would make me want the Omega 3? I always eat all the Walnuts FIRST out of a can of nuts. I thought it was because I am picky, but now that I know there's some kind of a medical explanation behind it, it's kind of strange.

Blueberries are my best friends. =)

So Walnuts are one of the best nuts to eat as far as Omega 3 goes? This is very interesting. Do you think this could because I get alot of Omega 6 from other sources that would make me want the Omega 3? I always eat all the Walnuts FIRST out of a can of nuts. I thought it was because I am picky, but now that I know there's some kind of a medical explanation behind it, it's kind of strange.

Blueberries are my best friends. =)