Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Apple_Blossem

AcuPRESSURE - skin is clearing up. Do it yourself.

Just wanted to say that I've been doing acupressure to one of my hands for 3 weeks now. I've had to lower my dosage of medication (B5 Vitamin) because my skin has stopped producing oil.

All you do is press the sensitive area in the corner of your hand... the fleshy area between the thumb and pointer finger.

You have to do it once a week (I do it randomly throughout the week).

The results have been kinda sudden. If anyone is interested for more info, post here.

with your thumb and pointer finger of the opposite hand, massage the fleshy area until you find a very sensitive nerve in there. It will be the sorest place you touch. When you find it, pinch it with your fingers. Pinch it so that it feels uncomfortable for about 6 seconds - off and on for about 5 minutes, but preferably until the dull ache goes away. Then do it again the next day -- until ALL sensitivity leaves. Until you can pinch it as hard as possible and it doesnt feel sensitive. Sometimes, you can pinch hard enough that a dull ache will go up your entire arm to the shoulder. Again, just pinch as hard as you can stand -- causing uncomfortableness. As you do this again and again (try this once a day for 3 days), the sensitivety should disappear. Use common sense (dont use a hammer or get out-of-control-rough). Just pinch hard enough for it to ache.

When it completely disappears, you will notice that it will take about a week or so for that same place to become re-sensitive. When it does, pinch it again for 6 seconds, then release, off and on for about 5 minutes.

Just go about the next three weeks like this. Pinch it in your spare time... making sure there is no sensitivity.

Be patient and see the results.

with your thumb and pointer finger of the opposite hand, massage the fleshy area until you find a very sensitive nerve in there. It will be the sorest place you touch. When you find it, pinch it with your fingers. Pinch it so that it feels uncomfortable for about 6 seconds - off and on for about 5 minutes, but preferably until the dull ache goes away. Then do it again the next day -- until ALL sensitivity leaves. Until you can pinch it as hard as possible and it doesnt feel sensitive. Sometimes, you can pinch hard enough that a dull ache will go up your entire arm to the shoulder. Again, just pinch as hard as you can stand -- causing uncomfortableness. As you do this again and again (try this once a day for 3 days), the sensitivety should disappear.

When it completely disappears, you will notice that it will take about a week or so for that same place to become re-sensitive. When it does, pinch it again for 6 seconds, for about 5 minutes.

Just go about the next three weeks like this. Pinch it in your spare time... or when you havent nothing more to do.

Be patient and see the results.

A year ago, I was desperate and walked into an acuPUNCTURE clinic when they hung a sign outside that said they could "clear acne."

I thought it was a hoax, but my acne was so bad I didnt care. 3 weeks later, my face was competely clear. I can't give you the reasons why Acupuncture worked.

They told me that my acne was permanently gone, however, that wasn't true. I learned that you had to have an acupuncture treatment every 2 weeks to keep the clear skin.

I moved to a different state and acupuncture is TOO expensive to do here. My skin had returned to its normal state. I happened to find a website that said, "Get AcuPUNCTURE's results with AcuPRESSURE." You apply pressure to the same place they put needles.

I thought I had nothing to lose and did it. I made sure I did it ever 5 days.

My skin has returned to its perfectly clear state and I can now decrease my medicine.

I know it sounds like a hoax. It does work, and I can't explain why.

There's nothing to lose. At least you're not spending

money or something. How hard can it be to spend 5

to 10 minutes a day doing this? Thanks for posting :P

I did it on both hands in the beginning. After the first week, I just started doing it on one hand (my left) and then I'll probably switch to my right.

I do it on either hand that feels sensitive, until there is no sensitivity.

I noticed the only thing that matters is bringing that "uncomfortable" (slightly painful) feeling and holding it until that feeling completly disappeared.

There are over 365 acupressure points and acupuncture points which are used.

There are points in the feet and there are points in the hands. That webpage only mentions about 10 out of the 365.

Interesting. I think Ill try this. Ive always heard this point was to relieve stress/anxiety. ( I could easily be wrong I dont know much about this ) BUt if that were true it might make some sense considering the stress/acne connection, which has always been a big problem for me-a stressful episode sometimes leaves me with 3-5 big cysts.

Well accupuncture works so accupressure would have an effect as well. Interesting next time I'll go get accupuncture Ill ask about that area and see if he can explain it. :).

Did you know that "gullible" is not in the dictionary? ;)

On a serious note, I realize what you are saying about the placebo effect and how someone can be healed if they *think* they are being healed.

However, I dont see why all the other things I've tried didn't help my acne - and I *Truly* believed that the $200 dollars worth of vitamins I purchased was going to cure my acne problems. I also *truly* believed that the Neutrogena Clear Pore cream would *truly* cure my acne.... and hundreds of other items in which I have invested (Note: If I hadn't believed in them, I wouldn't have purchased them!).

Ya this does sound a little wierd, but I remember when I was a kid I had bad allergies. Like, bad and I had a dog and I was allergic to him and no allergy medicine would work so as a last resort I got accupunture and I thought it was all BS and they stuck needles in me all over and it was a terrible experience, but since then my allergies have been gone. I dont like telling people that story caus it just sounds like BS and I dont buy into stuff like that usually but it just freakin worked. I cant explain why or how, it just did. Im not allergic to animals anymore. I havent been since I was a kid. Sometimes wierd crazy stuff actually does work so might as well try it you know...its free anyways

acupuncture is so interesting! I've heard of a lot of people who get good results with it. apple_blossem would you happen to have the website address where you got the info on acupressure? ... i have some other health problems as well, and id be really interested in seeing if theres anything on those

thanx :)

This does have scientific credibility. This is all recalled from memory so bare with me on the hard facts. I believe accupuncture is used to release Substance P, which binds to free nerve endings and causes the perception of pain. When your body perceives this pain it responds over time to try and dull the pain. This feedback loop causes a release of endorphins and enkephalons on the interneurons of the spinal cord. When the endorphins and enkephalons binds to the neurons heading to the brain they inhibit them from firing. This inhibition causes a the feeling of pain to be dulled, and if you had enough of these neurohormones inhibiting interneurons you wouldn't feel the pain anymore. This is supposedly why accupuncture is a great pain reliever, and possibly could be reducing the amount of stress people have. It is a long shot from why it is curing acne, but is giving some of the skeptics a little information on the validity of accupuncture.