Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sandywo

HELP ME WITH SCARS PLS (pic included)

I have been washing my back morning and night with Head and Shoulder. My active acne is cleared up i believe. Can someone tell me what kind of scars i have? and what can i do to improve these type of scars. laser? products?

thanks a lot!

29zt0uq.jpg

I reckon those will fade with time, they certainly won't be indented scars like people get on their faces.

Maybe getting some sun on your back could help?

I reckon those will fade with time, they certainly won't be indented scars like people get on their faces.

Maybe getting some sun on your back could help?

Sandywo, it's almost hard to tell without harsh light, but it appears there is some scarring.

The good news is that it ain't your face.

I don't know of anyone who's had TCA or fraxel on his (or her) back, but something of this nature might be your best option.

Hopefully, someone on this site is or knows of someone who's had that kind of procedure.

Sandywo, it's almost hard to tell without harsh light, but it appears there is some scarring.

I don't know of anyone who's had TCA or fraxel on his (or her) back, but something of this nature might be your best option.

Hopefully, someone on this site is or knows of someone who's had that kind of procedure.

goo tooo thee beeaachh! hehehe

dont be embarrassed i had/have redmarks and slight scarring on my face, and i was at the beach for 2 weeks, it did wonders for me, i reckon if i never went my marks would be still really darkk!

trust me, noone will stare how u think they will... dont think anyone would period! your back isnt that bad ive seen soo much worse this is like minor and im not just saying that. To me it looks more like u have freckles/light moles

jus go to the friggen beach aiight! hahaha :) goodluck

Yeah sure, go get get a tan and watch your red spots turn into brown spots from the damage of it all in a few years. Better bets:Alpha or beta hydroxy products, microdermabrasion, IPL.

If I were you, I'd get a derm's opinion. Having said that, I have mild acne scars on my back, mostly along the thoracic and lumbar regions of the spine, so I started applying Retin-A Micro on my back at night to build up collagen. I will continue the Retin-A for at least a year before moving on to laser procedures. The medi spa I went to for Smoothbeam said that they offered Fraxels for the back, but that back skin heals less than facial skin due to different vasculature. I probably won't get Fraxels on the back any time soon, as my face is a bigger concern for me.

In the past I have gotten a few back facial sessions and I think they help a little but not a lot. The back facials include cleansing with a Clarisonic brush, steaming and extractions, glycolic peel, microdermabrasion, red light for healing or bluelight for active acne, a salicylic acid peel, and a moisturizing mask.

If your skin is not irritated by the Retin-A, you might use in the morning: either a glycolic acid product (e.g. Neostrata 15% gel or 8% daytime smoothing cream with SPF) OR a gentler product such as La Roche Posay's Effaclar K, which is 1.5% salicylic acid with lipohydroxy acid. For now, I plan to stick with just Retin-A for a while until my skin gets used to that.

BTW, I also take a bunch of supplements, including fish oil omega-3, vitamin E, zinc, multivitamin, Accunatural supplements, and some herbal supplements as well.

If I were you, I'd get a derm's opinion. Having said that, I have mild acne scars on my back, mostly along the thoracic and lumbar regions of the spine, so I started applying Retin-A Micro on my back at night to build up collagen. I will continue the Retin-A for at least a year before moving on to laser procedures. The medi spa I went to for Smoothbeam said that they offered Fraxels for the back, but that back skin heals less than facial skin due to different vasculature. I probably won't get Fraxels on the back any time soon, as my face is a bigger concern for me.

In the past I have gotten a few back facial sessions and I think they help a little but not a lot. The back facials include cleansing with a Clarisonic brush, steaming and extractions, glycolic peel, microdermabrasion, red light for healing or bluelight for active acne, a salicylic acid peel, and a moisturizing mask.

If your skin is not irritated by the Retin-A, you might use in the morning: either a glycolic acid product (e.g. Neostrata 15% gel or 8% daytime smoothing cream with SPF) OR a gentler product such as La Roche Posay's Effaclar K, which is 1.5% salicylic acid with lipohydroxy acid. For now, I plan to stick with just Retin-A for a while until my skin gets used to that.

BTW, I also take a bunch of supplements, including fish oil omega-3, vitamin E, zinc, multivitamin, Accunatural supplements, and some herbal supplements as well.

Yep, you need a prescription from a doctor for Retin-A. I believe some university health centers also have nurse practitioners who can write prescriptions for you.