Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Paul25

Acne which feels uncurable

I cant think of how many years ive been suffering with acne now but i would say its around 5 years, at some points its been really bad and at other times its been not so bad. Ive tried different products but havnt been able to find anything which has been able to clear my face up and stop the acne.

The first treatment i tried was Benozyl Peroxide, this was a cream my doctor gave to me. It worked well and got my face pretty clear. I carried on using it but my face was beginning to get so dry and spots started to reform and its never really had the same effect since. I decided to stop using it as i felt it would never lead me to having a clear face.

I then felt about just trying to use some face wash products to see if they would help my problem. I have tried different produts from Witch which i was hoping would help, but once again didnt. I cant quite remember the name of the other products i have used but nothing seems to work.

At the current time there is always at least one spot on my face, although it can always be up to around five, this is getting very frustrating and i feel so strange around my friends as they all have very clear faces.

I cant imagine this will work but i have started to use some Clearasil products, ive seen there adverts on television claiming to visibly clear your face in 3 days, ive been using it for around a week now and that certainly isnt the case. The products i am using by them are the Deep Cleansing 3 in 1 wash, the Ultra Deep Pore Treatment Wash and the Ultra Treatment Cream. Does anyone know if using all 3 of these could cause problems? I use them twice a day, first using the cleanser, then the pore treatment and then the cream.

Im getting rather worried at the moment as the spots are leading to many scars and i just dont know what to do anymore.

i agree, you should try the DKR, if that doesn't work try seeing a derm and adding some antibiotics. or if nothing helps, accutane.

and remember not to skip the moisturizer with the DKR

For the DKR would the Clearasil deep cleaning 3 in 1 wash be suitable for a cleanser? I have a benzoyl peroxide cream and then Witch moisturiser. Just want to make sure these products are suitable before i start it?

For all of you out there who are suffering from acne, ask your doctor for "Oratane" tablets~ I used to have really unpredictable skin/acne and after 6 months of treatment, my skin has cleared up! Ive tried a zillion other ways but none has worked. Oratane is the answer ppls~ Although the side affects can be quite daunting but believe me, it is well worth it!!!!

Dont let acne affect your life!!

Good luck all!!!

TIm

Ive just noticed the Clearasil deep cleansing 3 in 1 wash contains salicylic acid, so im now thinking of using the Witch cleanser i have. Just one question though does it matter that its a lotion cleanser and not in the form of a cream?

Ive just noticed the Clearasil deep cleansing 3 in 1 wash contains salicylic acid, so im now thinking of using the Witch cleanser i have. Just one question though does it matter that its a lotion cleanser and not in the form of a cream?

I wouldn't advice using clearasil on the regimen, try looking for a cleansing bar. It's less harsh on your skin, clearasil with BP probably would just iritate your skin.

After today i just feel as if i cant do the DKR regimen, im just so jealous of my friends and girlfriend of there faces been so clear and not having to put any effort into it. Im tempted to just wash my face morning and night, without using any treatment and see how it effects me.