Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Junior

What are these brown and red spots?

Im going to post a pic here so you guys could better see what I am trying to convey here. But It basicly are little brown spots that seems to stay after the pimple goes away. Are they permenant or temp? Is there like any away to speed up the process of clearing them up?

Also I have some red spots on my cheecks that have been there for a few months. They are starting to fade though so those are ok.

They are temporary and will fade any where between three weeks and six months. Most of mine usually heal closer to three weeks but I got a rather large breakout recently and I think it's going to take more like three months this time around..

The cheapest way is to be patient.

If you want to speed things up a little, exfoliate your skin. There is no miracle cure that will fade your redmarks over a couple of days though.

If you're getting brown marks, I would look into 4% hydroquinone. There are a lot of risks associated with it and you CANNOT use it with Dan's Regimen. I'm using Obagi's 4% Hydroqinone for the past 2 weeks and my marks have faded dramatically. Hydroquinone basically inhibits melanin production. So while your skin stops producing "color" at that spot, you exfoliate your skin and new skin will appear WITHOUT the brown color at that spot.