Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Has anyone ever had a microdermabrasion treatment to help with the scars? I've seen commercials about the at home machines and how they are supposed to take off that dead layer of skin cells which can lead to a fading of scars. They also have it on sale @ Sally's Beauty Supply for $40, but I don't want to spend my money on something that doesn't work. I'll be truly pissed evil.gif

I had 5 microdermbrasions done in a plastic surgeons office. It was definitely not worth the money. It did smooth out my skin, but didnt do anything for my scars. sad.gif

I never tried at home microdermabrasions.

I had 5 microdermbrasions done in a plastic surgeons office.  It was definitely not worth the money.  It did smooth out my skin, but didnt do anything for my scars.  :(  

I never tried at home microdermabrasions.

I had 6 microdermabrasions done while using the Biomedic line, and I can't say that it really did anything for my skin either.

There is another lady on this board who does have one of those at home machines and I think she likes it although don't expect miracles from it.

do microderms help with fading red/brown marks left by acne? if so about how much improvment would u say u get with each microderm. also what does it do to active acne?

After 5 microdermabrasions I really did not have that much improvement with redmarks. I went once a week to receive treatment and during that time I was on obagi.

Its hard to believe but there is much more benefit of fading redmarks with mandelic acid. I wasted so much money thinking microdermabrasions would help with acne, scars redmarks and it did not do that much. I would say 20-30% improvement on redmarks(thats with obagi and micro's). I had maybe 30-40% with mandelic in about a months time.

This is just how my skin handled it, everyone is different. Some people probably had better luck with it.

My personal feeling is that it would take up to 12 microderms to see any real improvement with red/brown marks. But at $125 ea. time that adds up to a lot.....not to mention the biomedic (my kit was $165, lasted 2 months) or obagi products that they want you to use while doing the microderms.

I would say the mandelic acid or lactic acid is a better investment......then add an enzyme papaya peel to dissolve the dead skin that results from the acid. But its all experimental until you find what works for you.

I recently ordered the crystals from perfectcomplexion.com. They are suppose to be the same thing that's in microdermabrasion cream and you can add them to your own cream or face wash. Anyway, she states on her website that I will also get a free sample of the TCA peel stuff. I have recently (yesterday [-o< ) started the mandelic acid and need something to slaugh off the dried skin. I will keep everyone updated on the crystals.

There is a forum about the TCA and people have reported great success with it.