Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sasson

Sasson's Accutane Log

Thanks altagirl ~ :)

This second time around, I feel like the pills are working faster... maybe it just seems that way. It's day 8, and already I'm experiencing the side effects:

1) chapped chapped lips

2) dry skin (face, body, scalp)

Thanks altagirl ~ :)

This second time around, I feel like the pills are working faster... maybe it just seems that way. It's day 8, and already I'm experiencing the side effects:

1) chapped chapped lips

2) dry skin (face, body, scalp)

Hey Sasson!

I can relate!!! I finished my accutane in January, and I was happy for 2 months. I started noticing white bumps on my cheeks, may be not even visible to the eye, but you can definitely feel them. My derm said it could be Keratosis Pilaris (bumps on the upper arms, rosy cheeks - I have that now) That condition worsens if you have dry skin ( thank accutane) Me being OCD start picking on them, but if I don't they don't get inflamed or anything. I do get some pimples where my chin is... which starts to worry me - may be it is acne coming back, but my skin is not oily at all :/ *Sigh* I have another follow up with the derm in 3 weeks.

So the dizziness went away since I discontinued Accutane (40mg/day) - but my eyes are hella dry and causes some headaches... now i'm beginning to wonder if all of this is worth it.

anyway...

My doc's going to bring me down to 20mg/day with a warning that the dizziness will more likely come back than not. *shrug* now i have 15 40mg pills sitting here, and unfortunately, i can't half them because they're in capsules.