Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Yesenia

What the heck's up with my CHEEKS!?

I break out really badly all over my cheeks - and it just never stops! It's strange, because my forehead and chin are almost completely clear, but my cheeks get acne all over. My forehad and chin are oily - is this was people call combination skin? I use jojoba oil at night as a moisturizer which really helps take care of the redness and inflamation. But an hour or two after I wake up, my cheeks get all red again. Sometimes a few whiteheads by the end of the day. My cheeks also get a lot of scarring when some of the pimples go away. At first it was only on the right side of my face, and I thought it had to do with the fact I slept on that side. Now it's on both sides! Why am I breaking out so badly in these areas? Is anyone in a simular situation - stubborn break outs in one area of the face? How do you take care of it?

Yeah, I get breakouts on my lower cheeks, near the jawline. But different to you, I also get stubborn breakouts on my chin. Although, my forehead is quite clear, except for a couple of pimples now and then.

I reckon its all hormonal. I recommend you research into a product called Clearogen acne lotion, which combats the root cause of acne and kills of hormones in the skin that cause acne. I'm probably gonna try it soon.

I have the same problem actually. Oily T-zone, but relatively clear there. Annoying acne breakouts on the cheek. I was going through a three week stretch where I wasn't breaking out on the cheeks anymore and red marks were fading to the point where I thought I was looking pretty good again and then BAM. Broke out about five days ago on my right cheek. Three large pimples really close together so that from a distance it looks... let's just say it's bad. They're all gone now but the red marks they left are gonna take weeks to heal (I'm guessing six weeks) and that's assuming I don't break out there again which isn't likely. Sigh...

I break out really badly all over my cheeks - and it just never stops! It's strange, because my forehead and chin are almost completely clear, but my cheeks get acne all over. My forehad and chin are oily - is this was people call combination skin? I use jojoba oil at night as a moisturizer which really helps take care of the redness and inflamation. But an hour or two after I wake up, my cheeks get all red again. Sometimes a few whiteheads by the end of the day. My cheeks also get a lot of scarring when some of the pimples go away. At first it was only on the right side of my face, and I thought it had to do with the fact I slept on that side. Now it's on both sides! Why am I breaking out so badly in these areas? Is anyone in a simular situation - stubborn break outs in one area of the face? How do you take care of it?

I'm currently using BP on my cheeks and jawline. I don't have the gel or cream, I'm using a 5% bar. Unlike the cream/gel, you wash the BP off so it's only on my skin for maybe two minutes max and even then, it's still drying like crazy. I've only used it for about eight days so I'm hoping my skin gets used to it in another week or two.

I can't believe how drying it is for me since I don't even leave it on the whole day. I'm starting to flake (although you can't really notice it unless you're close up), my moisturizer is disappointing me big time. Gotta push on I guess...

I'm currently using BP on my cheeks and jawline. I don't have the gel or cream, I'm using a 5% bar. Unlike the cream/gel, you wash the BP off so it's only on my skin for maybe two minutes max and even then, it's still drying like crazy. I've only used it for about eight days so I'm hoping my skin gets used to it in another week or two.

I can't believe how drying it is for me since I don't even leave it on the whole day. I'm starting to flake (although you can't really notice it unless you're close up), my moisturizer is disappointing me big time. Gotta push on I guess...

When you upped your dosage, how long did you continue before quitting? Everyone mentions the hardening effect - the time it takes for your skin to adjust - and it takes anywhere between 2-4 weeks. I'm going to continue with BP for at least a month but if I'm still this dry and flaking, I'm gonna quit it.