Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jenn4dex

VITAMIN E FOR INDENTED SCARS

I have been using all the methods like vinegar, tape, mandelic acid for my one indented scar and have been to two plastic surgeons who said that an indent was caused by cortisone injections by my derm and it is still actaully working underneath the skin and that it could take up to a year for it to disappear and for the skin to plump back up again. I couldn't cover it up, and its right in the middle of my face. Well I thought I would try just plain vitamin E as it usually works on small burns and stuff. Well after 3 days of just vitamin E, the scar is actually plumping up and I can now cover it up totally! I don't know if it because it has been 3 months before the scar started forming, so it may just be a coincidence that I started using the vitamin E, but whatever, it might work for others. I just use a vitamin E caplet, break it open and put it on the indented mark overnight. It has even lightened up too. It's worth a try! smile.gif

I have been using all the methods like vinegar, tape, mandelic acid for my one indented scar and have been to two plastic surgeons who said that an indent was caused by cortisone injections by my derm and it is still actaully working underneath the skin and that it could take up to a year for it to disappear and for the skin to plump back up again.  I couldn't cover it up, and its right in the middle of my face.  Well I thought I would try just plain vitamin E as it usually works on small burns and stuff.  Well after 3 days of just vitamin E, the scar is actually plumping up and I can now cover it up totally!  I don't know if it because it has been 3 months before the scar started forming, so it may just be a coincidence that I started using the vitamin E, but whatever, it might work for others.  I just use a vitamin E caplet, break it open and put it on the indented mark overnight.  It has even lightened up too.  It's worth a try! smile.gif

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

Sounds you're using something from Olay or something?

I'm adding Retina-micro into my scar-treatment arsenal as of yesterday. That's some 50 greens out of my pocket. We'll see if it does anything.

hummmm... recent studies said vit e had no effect with indented scars and may actually make it worse?? i thought i heard that awhile ago but eh maybe my memory's flucked; whatever works neways gl smile.gif

I have read on a few sites that Vitamin E doesn't do anything for indented scars. I have also read that some people are sensitive or allergic to it. Please proceed with caution (i.e. do a patch test before doing it on your entire face). If it's working for you and you are not experiencing side effects feel free to continue.

Jenn4dex:

Has the indented scar you treated with vitamin E regressed, or do the effects seem to be permanent? Also, have you tried it on any other scars?

I have just started using a vitamin E oil/grapeseed oil/safflower oil combo that seems to be beneficial to my skin; my skin tone is better. I've read where it just might help with scars, but it is not recommended for wound healing.

I like it so far. The dose of vitamin E is 30,000 i.u.

I am so sorry to hear about this! What a terrible thing to have happen. The best thing I have found for indented scars is Dermaflage (http://www.dermaflage.com/). It is by far the best thing on the market. Not only does it really work but it lasts. My scars are invisible after I use it, and I feel confident for the entire day. I hope everything get better!

savage105

I get a rash if i use Vitamin E Oil on my face now. But there was a time when i could use it without any reactions and it was really good on my scars/red marks. They healed so much faster.

Deffo worth a try, especially since you can buy them from pretty much anywhere and for cheap.

I know this is an old post but I felt the need to reply.

Recently at my school we had a makeup day where all of us girls had to take off our makeup and let a partner reapply it with the foundation the school sells. I was talking to my partner about hyper pigmentation and indented scars. Now this girl has acne, a few large spots. It's not severe, and surprisingly her face looks really really good in the spots that do not have acne. Like 100% clear and smooth and no indented scars. I found this weird because her pimples are fairly large and you'd think they'd at least leave a red mark. Her pimples aren't even red for crying out loud!

Anyways, I was complaining about my spots and scars and she told me about how she used to have severe severe acne. She also told me that she used to have scars like mine (a few indented scars.) Then she told me that all she did was used Vitamin E gel capsules and used the oil inside of them on top of her face every day for 30 minutes and then washed it off.

Literally her face looks amazing! So I decided to try it. This is currently day 2 using the capsules and I haven't really noticed much difference in my face. But hey, it's only day 2! I am going to keep this up. If her face dramatically improved THAT much it has to be tried. The only downside with this stuff is it causes my pores to become clogged and if I wear it too long I breakout. But 30 minutes a day and then wash it off should do the trick.

So I think Vitamin E does work on indented scars, but It depends on how deep the scarring is. My indented scars aren't that bad and from past experiences have filled out on their own. I'm hoping this will speed up the process and help get rid of hyper pigmentation, something I've ALWAYS had troubles with.

Ah omg. So I had this nasty line scar on my face by my lip. When I would smile it would wrinkle and look gross. I've been using Vitamin E externally for 2 weeks. The scar isnt as noticable! It doesn't wrinkle anymore, & you can barely see it.

I am happy with Vitamin E so far.

Any oil would probably help make a scar less noticeable due to the moisturizing effect, but I've read that it isn't actually considered effective for scarring, and apparently it can actually "hinder" the body's healing process. I've been using this Super GHK Copper Serum from http://reverseskinaging.com/drpickart.html?gclid=CLD21Yrc16sCFQd6gwodxnDfSw I think this stuff helps a lot more than oils (i had some scars that actually looked as if they were getting deeper a month ago) but it's expensive. By the way, I don't work for this company or anything, I'm just commenting that this stuff might be worth looking into if the vit e doesn't help.

In the capsules vit E it's protected from oxygen and don't rancid (stale) in the bottle don't. I'm pharmacist and I 'll never see vit E in bottle maybe it's with some antioxidants ??? Write composition here.

It says on the front. Rite AID Vitamin E Skin Oil 4,000 IU/Vitamin E 4.8 FL OZ (142mL) and the back it just goes onto say how it a Vitamin E skin oil..apply some to the face to help mosturize dry skin areas, wrinkles, stretch marks