Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
un4tunate

Post-Accutane users

I've been on it for about 4 months. I'm on a fairly high dosage of 80mg and have experienced a variety of side effects. The usual dryness of skin and lips is fairly annoying but can be controlled through good moisturisation, i recently added bio oil to my cleanser which has helped alot.

However the worst side effect for me is definetly the redness it has caused. My face has a permanent red glow to it and at times when usually i'd feel embarrassed inside but not so bad as blush, now i turn bright red and feel myself burning up, its soooo annoying. Hopefully this will go away soon after i finish my course however i have heard people retain this for up to 6 months after treatment, dunno how much longer i can take it!

The drug has cleared me up however but i have annoying red marks left now, the bio oil should help fade these. Once off it i will use a topical retinoid, Differin, to keep my face clear.

Dry lips for me too...but painfully dry. As in chunks of skin come off, they constantly peel, are chapped 24/7 and bleed like crazy. But it's totally worth it. That's just the worst side effect for me (I think I get it worse than most though).

Dry lips were the worst. My hair also was pretty dry, my back ached when I first layed down, and my face sometimes became flushed.

It was well worth it. I've been off for 7 months now and am still clear.

Thanks guys,

im definitely really close to getting on accutane, im 21 male and still have it...It all started an 15 when i broke the Fu*k out!!...ive noticed that my acne is going away on my face and now spreading onto my back as i turned 21. I've been offered accutane about 3 times and my mom was so against it, but realizing that i will not grow out of anytime soon, i have no choice, either i go on it or acne will make me do crazy things. btw, i tried EVERYTHING, antibiotics,creams,gels,benzoyl, salicylic acid, u name it, i tried it.

Thanks guys,

im definitely really close to getting on accutane, im 21 male and still have it...It all started an 15 when i broke the Fu*k out!!...ive noticed that my acne is going away on my face and now spreading onto my back as i turned 21. I've been offered accutane about 3 times and my mom was so against it, but realizing that i will not grow out of anytime soon, i have no choice, either i go on it or acne will make me do crazy things. btw, i tried EVERYTHING, antibiotics,creams,gels,benzoyl, salicylic acid, u name it, i tried it.