Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NdnRomeo

Omega 3, 6, and 9 Fatty Acids

I would get rid of b5 first, it is not safe at all, I can show you lots of people who are now stuck with horrible side effects and they can't find a solution to it.

Also, just take omega 3. Even though your diet is fine, there is no need for the excess omega 6 and 9 at all smile.gif Unless most of the omega 6 content does say GLA on it. How much LA and GLA is in the contents?

whats the side effects of b5? that cant be solved? ive been on on it since end of april to now

i overcame the stomach issues and the hair thinning wasn't really any different from before i took b5.

omega 6 in this content is 540mg of linoleic acid and 265 of GLA.

I just bought omega3 from costco so gonna try to up the dose on that and take less b5

probably only 1g of b5 when i eat. What do you guys think?

oh btw how do i change my displayed name, kinda made that on the spur.

I would get rid of b5 first, it is not safe at all, I can show you lots of people who are now stuck with horrible side effects and they can't find a solution to it.

Also, just take omega 3. Even though your diet is fine, there is no need for the excess omega 6 and 9 at all smile.gif Unless most of the omega 6 content does say GLA on it. How much LA and GLA is in the contents?

whats the side effects of b5? that cant be solved? ive been on on it since end of april to now

i overcame the stomach issues and the hair thinning wasn't really any different from before i took b5.

omega 6 in this content is 540mg of linoleic acid and 265 of GLA.

I just bought omega3 from costco so gonna try to up the dose on that and take less b5

probably only 1g of b5 when i eat. What do you guys think?

oh btw how do i change my displayed name, kinda made that on the spur.

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...t&p=1815163

There's the b5 links. And also go through the b5 thread and see what percentage of people had success with it as opposed to those that did not. It's pretty low, and the danger exceeds it. Just wanted you to know before you make a decision to keep taking it or not :)

Definitely keep up the omega 3, how much will you be taking?

I know changing your screen name is possible, but I cannot seem to remember where it is, somewhere in the options

There's the b5 links. And also go through the b5 thread and see what percentage of people had success with it as opposed to those that did not. It's pretty low, and the danger exceeds it. Just wanted you to know before you make a decision to keep taking it or not smile.gif

I know changing your screen name is possible, but I cannot seem to remember where it is, somewhere in the options

Didn't have a chance to check out the threads, actually b5 did help keep my skin maintained but not perfect. Till recently i had a few nodules, not cysts actually. So in looking around i came about the omega3 thread, i already took 3 1g 3-6-9 pills a day, but saw that people needed omega3's only and 6 and 9 affects acne? so that flagged me to stop the 3-6-9.

So at this point i'm thinking of doing 6 to 9g of omega 3's only, i already know i'm fine with the omega3-6-9 in terms of allergies.

Any thoughts on if this dose is too much? I'm really curious if the omega 6 and 9 caused my acne to stay the way it was and counter the results of the b5.

also anyone have thoughts on maca root? i hear its high in iodine but corrects acne near the jawline and chin? hows that possible?

Thanks again,

Lates.

BTW can't find that option in control panel.

There's the b5 links. And also go through the b5 thread and see what percentage of people had success with it as opposed to those that did not. It's pretty low, and the danger exceeds it. Just wanted you to know before you make a decision to keep taking it or not smile.gif

Didn't have a chance to check out the threads, actually b5 did help keep my skin maintained but not perfect. Till recently i had a few nodules, not cysts actually. So in looking around i came about the omega3 thread, i already took 3 1g 3-6-9 pills a day, but saw that people needed omega3's only and 6 and 9 affects acne? so that flagged me to stop the 3-6-9.

So at this point i'm thinking of doing 6 to 9g of omega 3's only, i already know i'm fine with the omega3-6-9 in terms of allergies.

Any thoughts on if this dose is too much? I'm really curious if the omega 6 and 9 caused my acne to stay the way it was and counter the results of the b5.

also anyone have thoughts on maca root? i hear its high in iodine but corrects acne near the jawline and chin? hows that possible?

Thanks again,

Lates.

BTW can't find that option in control panel.

Iodine is generally the most minimal issue with most acne sufferers on here, which deal with either hormones, or dietary influences that affect hormones, or dietary influences that affect allergic responses (probably not a majority).

To know how much to take, add up the epa and dha content on the ingredients and know how much omega 3 is in each capsule. the amount of fish oil on the label does equal the amount of omega 3 (had to say this in case you were not sure).

Aim for 3 to 4 grams if possible. But if not, then at least 2 grams.

Go under "my controls" then in the category titled "personal profile" there is an option "change display name"

:)

I got his "Fisol" Fish Oil today and nowhere on the box or the bottle does it say how many mg in each pill! Or even how many total mg. All it says is 90 softgels but nothing about how much. I'm frustrated because I want to know how many to take to get up to 3grams a day. It says to take 3 a day on the back. arggg maybe I'll call the company up tomorrow and ask them.

Oh yah and has anybody REALLY ever seen dramatic improvements in their skin from taking a lot of fish oil? I mean I know it helps with the oils and everything but really have any of you who have been taking 3grams a day for a few months noticed GREAT improvements or just mediocore? I have moderate to severe acne so I'm just kinda skeptical I guess this will actually work but hey I'll try anything.

It's an essential fat and a key role in fats is the health of the skin so yes it will help but time is needed to see continual improvement. It will keep working generally even up to 4 months in (in terms of seeing improvements), then you will probably peak around that time frame (depending on the person: 3 to 6 months is what I've read).

There is no ingredient list? There has to be Look for EPA and DHA

Iodine is generally the most minimal issue with most acne sufferers on here, which deal with either hormones, or dietary influences that affect hormones, or dietary influences that affect allergic responses (probably not a majority).

To know how much to take, add up the epa and dha content on the ingredients and know how much omega 3 is in each capsule. the amount of fish oil on the label does equal the amount of omega 3 (had to say this in case you were not sure).

changed my name :D.

So maca root might be ok to try?

Supplement Facts:

Serving Size: 2 Softgels

Servings Per Container: 150

Amount Per Serving - % Daily Value:

Calories 25, Calories From Fat 20, Total Fat 2.5 g - 4%**, Saturated Fat 1 g - 5%**, Polyunsaturated Fat 1 g, Monounsaturated Fat 0.5 g, Cholesterol 25 mg - 8%**, Protein 0.5 g, Fish Oil Concentrate 2400 mg - *, Omega-3 (EPA) Eicosapentaenoic Acid 432 mg - *, Omega-3 (DHA) Docosahexaenoic Acid 288 mg - *.

So looks like somethings missing cause its only giving 710mg of omega3? wheres the other 490mg of the 1.2g pill. given its 710mg of omega3 9 pills a day sounds right?

is it really necessary to 1-1 ratio 3 to 6?

changed my name :D.

So maca root might be ok to try?

Supplement Facts:

Serving Size: 2 Softgels

Servings Per Container: 150

Amount Per Serving - % Daily Value:

Calories 25, Calories From Fat 20, Total Fat 2.5 g - 4%**, Saturated Fat 1 g - 5%**, Polyunsaturated Fat 1 g, Monounsaturated Fat 0.5 g, Cholesterol 25 mg - 8%**, Protein 0.5 g, Fish Oil Concentrate 2400 mg - *, Omega-3 (EPA) Eicosapentaenoic Acid 432 mg - *, Omega-3 (DHA) Docosahexaenoic Acid 288 mg - *.

So looks like somethings missing cause its only giving 710mg of omega3? wheres the other 490mg of the 1.2g pill. given its 710mg of omega3 9 pills a day sounds right?

is it really necessary to 1-1 ratio 3 to 6?

I'm not too sure about maca root as I've never tried it or heard much about it =(

Don't worry about the ratio, just be sure to avoid any nuts, and take the 3 to 4 grams daily if possible of omega 3 :)

Each capsule in that dose contains 350 mg of omega 3 (roughly) which is normal, as most seem to have that much (around 300).

So 3 pills to start off in a day which gets you about 1 gram. Then slowly move up to 6, and then 9. :) Just monitor yourself and see how you feel etc

Each capsule in that dose contains 350 mg of omega 3 (roughly) which is normal, as most seem to have that much (around 300).

hmmm how'd you come up with around 350mg?

I'm already tryin to pump up that number, wouldn't you want to take it throughout the day instead of just in the morning?

Ok so it says in each serving(1pill) there is 500mg of fish oil, 250mg of Omega-3 fatty acids, 150mg EPA, and 100mg of DHA. So each pill is 1000mg or one gram then? And you guys are talking about taking like 12 pills a day so thats like 12grams, isnt that quite a lot? Like unsafe overload your liver a lot?

they're saying you need 3-4g of omega3 only so since your supplement only has 250mg of omega-3 use that number to get 3-4g. so like thats 4pills to equal 1g of omega3 in your case times 3 for 3g = 12 pills.

correct me if im wrong.

lates.

I think i'm seeing a side effect, i have these like breakout of dark patches which arent pimples or nodes just glossy patches that messes up my skin appearance, not sure if this was from the maca root i took 2 days ago once, or the high ammount of omega3s.

Wanted to know if anyone else had a similar side effect?

i just started swimmin when these popped up, could it be bacteria or something?

Thank you for answering my questions.

I have some other questions that came to mind today.

So I started taking 3 of the soft gels and will do this daily for a week.

Now when you exfoliate the skin with the baby brush, do you put nothing on the brush and just put it on your skin with just rushing water from the shower head?

I need to pick up Dan's facial cleanser soon too

hmmm how'd you come up with around 350mg?

I'm already tryin to pump up that number, wouldn't you want to take it throughout the day instead of just in the morning?

EPA + DHA divided by 2 since it says 2 softgels per serving :)

Yes, I would split it into 4 ways :) Meaning, an equal amount with each meal granted you eat 4 meals a day at least. Or if you only eat 3, then 3x a day :)

I think i'm seeing a side effect, i have these like breakout of dark patches which arent pimples or nodes just glossy patches that messes up my skin appearance, not sure if this was from the maca root i took 2 days ago once, or the high ammount of omega3s.

Wanted to know if anyone else had a similar side effect?

i just started swimmin when these popped up, could it be bacteria or something?

Try to take a picture of it and send it to me, so I can help see what it may be from. How do you react when you eat fish usually? If you are not sure, try taking maca seperately without fish oil and see if it goes away... then do vice versa :) If nothing, then it's probably not related. Is it rashy?

Ok so it says in each serving(1pill) there is 500mg of fish oil, 250mg of Omega-3 fatty acids, 150mg EPA, and 100mg of DHA. So each pill is 1000mg or one gram then? And you guys are talking about taking like 12 pills a day so thats like 12grams, isnt that quite a lot? Like unsafe overload your liver a lot?

they're saying you need 3-4g of omega3 only so since your supplement only has 250mg of omega-3 use that number to get 3-4g. so like thats 4pills to equal 1g of omega3 in your case times 3 for 3g = 12 pills.

correct me if im wrong.

lates.

correct =)

Thank you for answering my questions.

I have some other questions that came to mind today.

So I started taking 3 of the soft gels and will do this daily for a week.

Now when you exfoliate the skin with the baby brush, do you put nothing on the brush and just put it on your skin with just rushing water from the shower head?

I need to pick up Dan's facial cleanser soon too

If you can't pick up dan's cleanser, the best thing besides that is purpose cleanser, works pretty good too :)

Yes, I make sure my face is in the stream then use the brush when it's warm with the water from the stream (warms it up well) then sweep across gently. Then I use the cleanser to cleanse my face nicely so it can do it's job best. It will allow for better addition of moisturizer later :)

Wow, didn't expect the capsules to be so freaking huge.

Well it is capsulated fat =P You could of course get the fish oil liquid :) One of the reason is half of it contains saturated fat so it will absorb much better in your body. But it's good it's a softgel and when it's wet, it will slip down your throat.

correct me if im wrong.

lates.

OK so Omega3 is the stuff I want to help my skin and oil and stuff right? Then is there another brand or kind of fish oil with higher levels of Omega3? I mean shouldn't I be trying to get the highest dosage of Omega3 possible? only 25% seems kinda low.

Try to take a picture of it and send it to me, so I can help see what it may be from. How do you react when you eat fish usually? If you are not sure, try taking maca seperately without fish oil and see if it goes away... then do vice versa smile.gif If nothing, then it's probably not related. Is it rashy?

gonna try to take a picture today or see a derm saturday. i doubt its the maca but its like not even a pimple and it doesnt itch, but it burns if i put ACV on it. its glossy when i look at it with a white light which is scaring me.

lates.

Have you considered using an electric toothbrush for exfoliation instead of a baby brush?

Yes, it's generally a lot harsher especially for acne prone skin.

Ok so does anybody have any suggestions for a fish oil that is HIGH IN OMEGA3 and is mercury free? What is the normal amount of omega3 in a fish oil capsule? Mine only has 250mg and that seems kinda low.

suplement that i recently bought (k-max alaska brand) said that it contains: gelatin, glycerin, and USP waters as their other igredients. does all of this igredients are safe?? cause i once heard that gelatin is acne trigger, . .

It's usually 300 so that number is not too far off, so it's fine. Puritan's pride is 400 mg

ya puritan, and btw those patches are dryin up and seems like they gonna peel off. might have been burns from the pool or something or some reaction.

suplement that i recently bought (k-max alaska brand) said that it contains: gelatin, glycerin, and USP waters as their other igredients. does all of this igredients are safe?? cause i once heard that gelatin is acne trigger, . .

I've heard that too but I am not sure how gelatin causes acne

It's usually 300 so that number is not too far off, so it's fine. Puritan's pride is 400 mg

ya puritan, and btw those patches are dryin up and seems like they gonna peel off. might have been burns from the pool or something or some reaction.

That is realllly good news :)

If I'm taking 10g of b-5 a day will it be safe to take 1.5g of omega 3 at the same time?

if yes to I take them together or seperate?

I think b5 isn't the safe one. But if you still insist on taking it, yes fish oil won't hurt you