Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NdnRomeo

Omega 3, 6, and 9 Fatty Acids

Perhaps a placebo? ;)

:think: No clue, I haven't seen "results" from a multi yet either way. I wish I just stopped breaking out, I would be fine with that kind of placebo effect :lol:

I've been taking fish oil from Costco.. "concentrated maximum strength" 4xx EPA, 4xx DHA. Ive been taking fish oil for about 2 months now. So far, I notice red marks on my face healing faster. I am still breaking out from time to time, but it is becoming less and less. I recently started taking this more concentrated fish oil maybe a month ago.

I take about 6 pills a day, so maybe 4.8g + ?

I've also been eating healthy, alot of vegetables, fruits, soy milk.. BUT Ive also been eating alot of bad things too, I really just can't help it. But I try to balance it out. There is no way I can stop eating bad food, so I just got to try to eat more good food.

Well Romeo, it looks like your fish oil thread is the most successful thread here. Fish oil may not be the magic bullet to cure acne but it really does improve overall health. It may just be me but I have never been leaner and my abs more cut. I still get pimples but my face overall has improved alot, it glows more, texture is better and when I do get a pimple they go away fast with little red marks. Thanks again for this thread bro. Take care

This may have been asked, but this is a long thread and well, I'm kind of lazy. :)

I know with Solodyn you are not supposed to take multivitamins for 2 hours before or after. Does the same go for Fish Oil? I bought some this week and I'm planning on starting it this weekend, but I wasn't sure if it would effect absorbtion of the Solodyn.

THanks!

This may have been asked, but this is a long thread and well, I'm kind of lazy. :)

I know with Solodyn you are not supposed to take multivitamins for 2 hours before or after. Does the same go for Fish Oil? I bought some this week and I'm planning on starting it this weekend, but I wasn't sure if it would effect absorbtion of the Solodyn.

THanks!

I am not sure about that, as I've never heard of solodyn :(

Well Romeo, it looks like your fish oil thread is the most successful thread here. Fish oil may not be the magic bullet to cure acne but it really does improve overall health. It may just be me but I have never been leaner and my abs more cut. I still get pimples but my face overall has improved alot, it glows more, texture is better and when I do get a pimple they go away fast with little red marks. Thanks again for this thread bro. Take care

That is awesome, I am glad it has helped you out a lot :)!

I've been taking about 4g of fish oil a day for over a month and it was working great in the beginning but my face is starting to get really oily again. Anyone else have this problem or a solution. I'm also taking zinc.

I've been taking about 4g of fish oil a day for over a month and it was working great in the beginning but my face is starting to get really oily again. Anyone else have this problem or a solution. I'm also taking zinc.

Have you made any significant changes to your diet? Any change in sleeping patterns, general activity, your overall lifestyle?

Sometimes, and I know this goes for myself too, when I feel like something is working well, I may slip in my diet and eat a few things I shouldn't have, and then see negative results afterwards.

Also, You mention you take 4g fish oil daily. The amount recommended in this thread is 4g of Omega3, not 4g fish oil. If your capsules are 1000mg fish oil, with 360mg EPA/240mg DHA (check back label), then you need to take roughly 13 or 14 capsules daily (4-5 at a time, 3 times a day) to reach 4g omega3. Remember, Omega3 = EPA + DHA. Your bottle may also say 2 capsules per serving, meaning 2 capsules = the mg shown on the back, not 1.

Well, I have good news and bad news.

Good news is that my breakout cleared up, bad news is that I woke up this morning and all of a sudden there are DOZENS of blackheads on and around my nose area!!

This is just too weird. I went from having a baby-butt smooth and blackhead free face one day, then woke up the next and half my face feels like brail.....the worst part is I can't think of ANYTHING that could have caused this to happen. :doubt:

Good news is that my breakout cleared up, bad news is that I woke up this morning and all of a sudden there are DOZENS of blackheads on and around my nose area!!

This is just too weird. I went from having a baby-butt smooth and blackhead free face one day, then woke up the next and half my face feels like brail.....the worst part is I can't think of ANYTHING that could have caused this to happen. :doubt:

Phew, at least your acne cleared, is your face any less oilier? Perhaps the oil was from your monthly spike and then it went down, so when that happened the oil on your nose area oxidized and turned to blackheads (or whatever the process is)?

Phew, at least your acne cleared, is your face any less oilier? Perhaps the oil was from your monthly spike and then it went down, so when that happened the oil on your nose area oxidized and turned to blackheads (or whatever the process is)?

That could be it but I think I know what it is..........I have been using ACV toner for FOREVER and usually mix it so that it is 3/4s toner and 1/4 water but the other day I think I forgot to put the water in and so my toner was full strength ACV! :wall:

I guess it was too irritating/drying so my skin overcompensated with too much oil that resulted in blackheads? My face has been alot more red than usual so that would explain it too. I HOPE this is the reason because this is fixable. :pray:

That could be it but I think I know what it is..........I have been using ACV toner for FOREVER and usually mix it so that it is 3/4s toner and 1/4 water but the other day I think I forgot to put the water in and so my toner was full strength ACV! :wall:

I guess it was too irritating/drying so my skin overcompensated with too much oil that resulted in blackheads? My face has been alot more red than usual so that would explain it too. I HOPE this is the reason because this is fixable. :pray:

Skin doesn't overcompensate for dryness by creating more oil. Besides, you can produce tons of oil, but as long as your skind sheds properly, you will never get acne or clogged pores. As far as the irritation and dryness goes, that could definitly cause your reaction. Dry skin doesn't shed very well, nor does irritated skin. Most likely, the extra dryness and irritation clogged your pores so the the oil cannot reach the surface quick enough, gets exposed to oxygen, and turns into blackheads.

Romeo I have a few questions for you..

1. How long have you been on the Omega 3 diet?

2. Has it been working and how long did it take to start working?

3. What is the condition of your skin as of today?

Before omega 3, my skin was pretty oily, but about a few weeks in, it reduced a good amount. Then about 3 months in, my oil pretty much was non existent. It was there, but so little it wasn't worth bothering with. I still get acne, but from other causes.

I've been on it since feb

After being 2 months and more on a 3.6g of omegas everyday (the GNC brand), I've yet to see much noticeable effects on my face. It's still as oily as ever, and there are still as many inflamed spots all over. Thinking of continuing for another month before giving up, or maybe it's just not for me. I eat it religiously after meals and spread it out over the course of the day. Anyone also experiencing no difference even after some time?

What's your diet like? Do you eat a lot of dairy or grains?

Well my diet consists of the asian fare, which is roughly rice plus some fried foods (like fried chicken wings) and some fish/chicken meat and vegetables. I don't consume dairy products at all.

Skin doesn't overcompensate for dryness by creating more oil. Besides, you can produce tons of oil, but as long as your skind sheds properly, you will never get acne or clogged pores. As far as the irritation and dryness goes, that could definitly cause your reaction. Dry skin doesn't shed very well, nor does irritated skin. Most likely, the extra dryness and irritation clogged your pores so the the oil cannot reach the surface quick enough, gets exposed to oxygen, and turns into blackheads.

Well, I just learned something new. Thanks! :dance:

Have you made any significant changes to your diet? Any change in sleeping patterns, general activity, your overall lifestyle?

Sometimes, and I know this goes for myself too, when I feel like something is working well, I may slip in my diet and eat a few things I shouldn't have, and then see negative results afterwards.

Also, You mention you take 4g fish oil daily. The amount recommended in this thread is 4g of Omega3, not 4g fish oil. If your capsules are 1000mg fish oil, with 360mg EPA/240mg DHA (check back label), then you need to take roughly 13 or 14 capsules daily (4-5 at a time, 3 times a day) to reach 4g omega3. Remember, Omega3 = EPA + DHA. Your bottle may also say 2 capsules per serving, meaning 2 capsules = the mg shown on the back, not 1.

Sorry, I meant I've been taking 4g of omega3. I haven't made any signficant changes in my diet/lifestyle. I have been working out quite a bit so maybe that has something to do with it. It also has been fairly humid the last week or so.

Is it ok if I use the Walgreens brand? It's hard for me to get the brands the op suggested.

Is it ok if I use the Walgreens brand? It's hard for me to get the brands the op suggested.

Yup :)

ive been taking puritan pride 3-6-9 and according to this thread you should always maintain a positive balance of 3-6. What if your diet consists of only fruits and veggies fish and chicken.

the balance in chicken is slightly higher in 6 then 3 but anyway

Should i up the dosage on my 3-6-9 to see better results and take less of b5?

How do you guys feel about Nature Made Omega-3 Fish Oil 12mg supplement?

Its a softgel, is this going to be just as effect as a capsule?

How do you guys feel about Nature Made Omega-3 Fish Oil 12mg supplement?

Its a softgel, is this going to be just as effect as a capsule?

That is this one huh?

I used that one, and I'm sure of a couple others who have used it. It does the job. :)

Half off right now too!

so i dont understand anything about ratios and omega6 and how to balance it all out. And im wondering if i take 4g of omega3's everyday and not worry about the ratios will my oil still decrease dramatically?

so i dont understand anything about ratios and omega6 and how to balance it all out. And im wondering if i take 4g of omega3's everyday and not worry about the ratios will my oil still decrease dramatically?

That's been my experience. I confess to not wanting to bother with calculating the 3/6 ratio in my diet, but taking the fish oil has still helped. Maybe it could help more if I were more on top of it, but I'm still pretty happy with the results. :shrug:

That is this one huh?

I used that one, and I'm sure of a couple others who have used it. It does the job. :)

Half off right now too!

Yeah thats the one, do you take one pill a day for a week, then bump it up to 2 the next week, and then 3 the next next week?

So I went to the store and bought a bottle of "Nature's Way" blend of fish/flax/olive oil but then I read the post on here talking about fish oil and it said the the flax can actually cause acne and to get just pure fish oil. So I went back today and got a bottle of "Fisol" fish oil that is PCB and Mercury free. But I noticed that it says natural cardiovascular and joint health on the the label and I'm wondering if this kind is more for joint health instead of purely for skin. Does anyone know if there is a specific kind of fish oil that is good for acne or is all fish oil the same?

What is the maximum amount of pills you can intake at one time?

That will be kind of like asking, "how much saturated fat can out eat in one sitting?" Technically, the amount is infinite, you will crap it all out, but you won't get anywhere near possible amounts in capsule form to expell it like you would with any foods. Since it's just a fat. But, of course don't do that. If you don't take any at all and then start, you should start low, then go up slowly otherwise you will more than likely feel the difference in terms of blood thining and you will get dizzy and what not.